Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Making a 70.6 cut on miter saw

Leon wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
wrote:
Can't quite wrap my brain on how to tackle this.

I could make a template on my TS with my Wixey and
then use it on the miter.

The miter only has 1 degree increments.

Suggestions?

When faced with a new problem, it is often helpful to reduce this new
problem to a problem that has already been solved.

Tell me, have you ever made a 35.3° cut with a miter saw?

Nevermind the answer to that question, how did you make the degree
thingy show up after the 3?

Hold down the Alt-key and type "0176" on the numeric keypad. Another useful
one is ? (Alt-0162). For more, stir up "Character Map" and select "Courier"
font. Pick the character you want and look in the lower right corner for the
key combination. For example, the "Euro" symbol "?" is Alt-0128, and the
plus-minus symbol "+" is Alt-0177.

These may not display properly on all screens in that some users may be
using a font other than a normal one such as Courier or Times Roman.