Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O.T Message from The Queen

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 22:00:55 -0600, HeyBub wrote:

As for Palin, well, it's entirely possible that by 2012 that the
populace will have gotten used to electing someone based entirely on
style, grace, poise, wit, charm, and good looks. If so, Palin beats
Obama easily.

You've GOT to be kidding :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 06:14:39 -0600, Swingman wrote:
Bull**** ... would be funny if it weren't so damn sad. You're living in
an oligarchy but most of you are too ****ing stupid to recognize it!

Or more likely, prefer not to recognize it. At least that let's most
go about their daily business while hiding under the cloud of self
delusion that we actually control our own lives.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:07:42 +0800, diggerop wrote:

wrote in message

Unfortunately, the US long ago eliminated any requirement that you be
intelligent (or educated [exposed to history and some serious thought]
or a property owner [with a real stake in both national and
international events]) in order to vote

Winston Churchilll's wry observation: "The greatest argument against
democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

And to add insult to injury, we now vote by mail or on voting machines
that keep no images of the original ballots. And we worry about voting
fraud in other countries!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
om...
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:07:42 +0800, diggerop wrote:

And to add insult to injury, we now vote by mail or on voting machines
that keep no images of the original ballots. And we worry about voting
fraud in other countries!

With reference to the voting machines, what happens in the event of a
disputed result?

In Oz, the Court of Disputed Returns is frequently called into play when
there is a very close result.
Each and every ballot cast is then re-examined in minute detail for
legitimacy. Initial results have been known to be overturned by the court
under this process.

diggerop

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 17, 12:01*pm, "diggerop" toobusy@themoment wrote:
"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message

om...

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:07:42 +0800, diggerop wrote:

And to add insult to injury, we now vote by mail or on voting machines
that keep no images of the original ballots. *And we worry about voting
fraud in other countries!

Jimmie Carter takes care of the other countries.

With reference to the voting machines, what happens in the event of a
disputed result?

In Oz, the Court of Disputed Returns is frequently called into play when
there is a very close result.
Each and every ballot cast is then re-examined in minute detail for
legitimacy. Initial results have been known to be overturned by the court
under this process.

Here, we just print new ones with the Demonicrat's name on it. ...as
many as it takes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 22:16:03 -0800, the infamous David Nebenzahl
scrawled the following:

On 11/16/2009 6:22 AM diggerop spake thus:

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty
Queen Elizabeth II.
In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates
for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give
notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately.

Bravo, bravo! Hear, hear!

Just one thing: as a former 'Merkin, I plead, nay, pray to you just one
thing: PLEASE don't make us watch "Are You Being Served?". ANYTHING
else, just not that, OK? I'll even watch all that Jeeves this and Poirot
that, just ... not ... that show ... OK?

Egad! You watch teevee?!? Tres gauche.

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"diggerop" toobusy@themoment wrote in message
. au...
"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
om...
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 00:07:42 +0800, diggerop wrote:

And to add insult to injury, we now vote by mail or on voting machines
that keep no images of the original ballots. And we worry about voting
fraud in other countries!

With reference to the voting machines, what happens in the event of a
disputed result?

In Oz, the Court of Disputed Returns is frequently called into play when
there is a very close result.
Each and every ballot cast is then re-examined in minute detail for
legitimacy. Initial results have been known to be overturned by the court
under this process.

diggerop

Here, we just invent new words, like 'hanging chad' or 'pregnant chad' and
recount them while being watched by people being watched by people
being.............

wow, this sounds just ridiculous, yet it's true.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 17, 6:35 am, Robatoy wrote:

Well, you ruined everything. Got all serious and stuff. I was
wondering if you might be looking the other way when I wrote that
one. In the last couple of political threads, you have been either
absent or barely paying attention.

I was thinking that maybe DB would fire off some kind on blather and
the group vigilantes would get him. And since you wrote such a
vigorous and spirited response, (shame on you for using facts!) the
lynch mobs moved on.

I am a bit tired of the US being criticized all the time, though.
Everything from "real" football, our beers, our government, our
people, etc.
It's old. We have a lot of problems, We know it. We can't help
knowing it as the rest of the world uses us for target practice and we
roll over and suck it up. But we never seem to fix ANY of our own
problems, so maybe we deserve some of it...

Tiring it is, though. It is like being nagged by a group of bitchy
women. Sure, you can gut it up, but their shrill screatching gets old
fast. Actually, I only mentioned Canada because of DB.

There is a major dickwad on another group I frequent that cannot get
enough of beating the **** out of the USA for anything he can find.
It is an outdoors/wilderness forum, and although it is moderated, he
can say just about anything he wants as long as he doesn't swear. He
is an extreme Canadian nationalist (nothing wrong with that), but for
me I find it hard to believe that Canada is completely PERFECT. After
all, I pointed out to him the spawned him and let him live there...

He has now enlisted dickwad junior as his protege, and the two take
turns jacking each other off while starting troll threads about how
superior Canada is to everywhere else in the world. I listen in
wonderment to their descriptions of near zero crime, perfect weather,
almost no unemployment with all jobs being well paid, excellent health
care and education for all, superior sports and teams, best beers in
the world, and on an on. Nowhere in the rest of the civilized world
is as wonderful.

Maybe... but it seems like Canadians are people too, and people mean
that the grind of humanity and its society exists. No one can escape
that.

I quite like the border where it is and know a lot of your people who
wouldn't mind living up here.

Me too. I have never been to Canada, but without exception the folks
I know only have a few problems with anything they experienced.

- cigarettes are about $10 - $12 a pack
- anything French-Canadian was quickly annoying
- too cold
- bad Mexican food, no Tex-Mex (ouch!)
- Canadian whiskey was too smooth

Kinda of a small list, no?

But, Robert, you have an open invitation to come up here and stay at
my house (igloo) and we can chew some pelts and have a few blubber
sandwiches and maybe even have a beer-or-twenty. I think you'll like
us up here.

No way. If I get up there I want to dress up like Bob and Doug and
eat Canadian bacon and drink Molson. We could try poutine!

I would liken that to someone from Vermont coming to Texas, buying a
ten gallon cowboy hat, Wranglers, and drinking Lone Star.

Could be fun though... :^)

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 22:54:36 -0800 (PST), the infamous
" scrawled the
following:

[...]

Kinda like trolls, spammers, AND the idiots who reply to them, huh?
deep sigh

There is a major dickwad on another group I frequent that cannot get
enough of beating the **** out of the USA for anything he can find.
It is an outdoors/wilderness forum, and although it is moderated, he
can say just about anything he wants as long as he doesn't swear. He
is an extreme Canadian nationalist (nothing wrong with that), but for
me I find it hard to believe that Canada is completely PERFECT. After
all, I pointed out to him the spawned him and let him live there...

So plonk the two dickwads, Naily. It will reduce your exposure a
whole lot (if not remove it.) Don't let one pair of hosers spoil your
enjoyment of the rest of the group. If several people constantly
quote them, plonk them, too. Life's too short to suffer fools.

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
-- Thomas Paine

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 18, 1:54*am, "
wrote:
On Nov 17, 6:35 am, Robatoy wrote:

Well, you ruined everything. *Got all serious and stuff. *I was
wondering if you might be looking the other way when I wrote that
one. *In the last couple of political threads, you have been either
absent or barely paying attention.

Neither have I been absent, nor have I ignored the last bunch of
political threads. I have, however, refused to participate in some of
them as they are the same-old-same-old. The Right has become the party
of NO, the Left has become the party of WTF? Whoopdie****ingdoo...
we're makin' some serious advances there, Lou...

I was thinking that maybe DB would fire off some kind on blather and
the group vigilantes would get him. *And since you wrote such a
vigorous and spirited response, (shame on you for using facts!) the
lynch mobs moved on.

I have mentioned before, the border, physically, runs right between my
legs. Port Huron MI is part of my radio advertising coverage. I do NOT
think Canadians are superior, just not the low-life's some 'Murkins
think they are. THAT attitude towards us ****es me off. But I do not
think we're superior.... but sure-as-**** not inferior either.
Canadians also have the attitude that we are in a position to
criticize other peoples and nations. Well, I have stepped over the
homeless in Toronto, I can buy crack and a gun in Montreal.
No preacher has the right to condemn people for being promiscuous
whilst he bloweth the choir boy after hours.... metaphorically
speaking.

I am a bit tired of the US being criticized all the time, though.
Everything from "real" football, our beers, our government, our
people, etc.
It's old. *We have a lot of problems, *We know it. *We can't help
knowing it as the rest of the world uses us for target practice and we
roll over and suck it up. *But we never seem to fix ANY of our own
problems, so maybe we deserve some of it...

You're absolutely right, it is stale. I had some decent Sam beers. My
favourite (Erdinger) happens to be German (Bavarian).
*I* don't drink Canadian beers, because, with few exceptions, suck
canal water.

Tiring it is, though. *It is like being nagged by a group of bitchy
women. *Sure, you can gut it up, but their shrill screatching gets old
fast. *Actually, I only mentioned Canada because of DB.

DB is barely Canadian. He lives in Saskatchewan.
I honestly did take not your post as an affront to Canada, I saw the
context the post was in. (I was trying to educate some of the other
members.)

There is a major dickwad on another group I frequent that cannot get
enough of beating the **** out of the USA for anything he can find.
It is an outdoors/wilderness forum, and although it is moderated, he
can say just about anything he wants as long as he doesn't swear. *He
is an extreme Canadian nationalist (nothing wrong with that), but for
me I find it hard to believe that Canada is completely PERFECT. *After
all, I pointed out to him the spawned him and let him live there...

Yea... you *******s gave us the cold bits. But the coldest bit went to
Palin..mmwhuahahaha.

He has now enlisted dickwad junior as his protege, and the two take
turns jacking each other off while starting troll threads about how
superior Canada is to everywhere else in the world. *I listen in
wonderment to their descriptions of near zero crime, perfect weather,
almost no unemployment with all jobs being well paid, excellent health
care and education for all, superior sports and teams, best beers in
the world, and on an on. *Nowhere in the rest of the civilized world
is as wonderful.

Nationalists are invariably assholes. Regardless of origin. Like some
of my relatives "Wellll...back in Holland...we had insert
whargarbble and it was SOOOO much better..."
They don't like me when I tell them that they should just **** off
back to Holland.

Maybe... but it seems like Canadians are people too, and people mean
that the grind of humanity and its society exists. *No one can escape
that.

I quite like the border where it is and know a lot of your people who
wouldn't mind living up here.

Me too. *I have never been to Canada, but without exception the folks
I know only have a few problems with anything they experienced.

- cigarettes are about $10 - $12 a pack
- anything French-Canadian was quickly annoying
- too cold
- bad Mexican food, no Tex-Mex (ouch!)
- Canadian whiskey was too smooth

Kinda of a small list, no?

LOL... too smooth, eh?

A seal walks into a bar.
Bartender says: "What can I get you?"
Seal says: "Anything but a Canadian Club."

Yesss, those cigarette prices are part of the stimulus package up
here. The Natives are smuggling smokes across the St Lawrence into
Canada and making a fortune, Then they buy Big Screen TV's, cars, Real
Estate...

But, Robert, you have an open invitation to come up here and stay at
my house (igloo) and we can chew some pelts and have a few blubber
sandwiches and maybe even have a beer-or-twenty. I think you'll like
us up here.

No way. *If I get up there I want to dress up like Bob and Doug and
eat Canadian bacon and drink Molson. *We could try poutine!

Bob & Doug did more to make us look bad than anybody
ever..wait...Trailer Park Boys?

Canadian bacon sucks. I like the regular smoked belly stuff. We do
have some decent cattle in Alberta.

I would liken that to someone from Vermont coming to Texas, buying a
ten gallon cowboy hat, Wranglers, and drinking Lone Star.

Could be fun though... * * :^)

Me thinks it would be.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 18, 7:54 am, Larry Jaques
wrote:

So plonk the two dickwads, Naily. It will reduce your exposure a
whole lot (if not remove it.) Don't let one pair of hosers spoil your
enjoyment of the rest of the group. If several people constantly
quote them, plonk them, too. Life's too short to suffer fools.

Couldn't agree with that sentiment more, and as I have professed here
so many times, it is the best thing for the folks involved as well as
the group. But the problem here is that people like to complain about
the political sewage spewed here while writing their rebuttals. I
don't actually believe any one of frustrated political pundits of this
group plonk anyone. I try to stay away from the political stuff as it
is too frustrating for me to see that people don't see there isn't
much difference in the parties they write about.

As far as bladeforums.com goes, I can't plonk, block, render
invisible, or otherwise poison the posters there. It isn't a
newsgroup, but a paid forum. No plonking or killfiling. I can
usually skip the offensive guys but they have a tendency to wind up in
the middle of a thread while you are reading away with great interest
on camping, hiking, hunting, etc.

I don't respond to them as it seems to get the sexually excited when
someone does, but until they do it enough to get kicked off the site,
they can really ruin a good thread.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/18/2009 6:11 AM Robatoy spake thus:

*I* don't drink Canadian beers, because, with few exceptions, suck
canal water.

Is Maudite one of the exceptions?

My friend who now lives in Montreal (Francophone) turned me on to that
brand. Love that the name means "devil".

--
I am a Canadian who was born and raised in The Netherlands. I live on
Planet Earth on a spot of land called Canada. We have noisy neighbours.

- harvested from Usenet
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 18, 1:54*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 11/18/2009 6:11 AM Robatoy spake thus:

*I* don't drink Canadian beers, because, with few exceptions, suck
canal water.

Is Maudite one of the exceptions?

I don't know. I will put it on the investigative fastrack though. G

My friend who now lives in Montreal (Francophone) turned me on to that
brand. Love that the name means "devil".

That in itself sounds promising.

--
I am a Canadian who was born and raised in The Netherlands. I live on
Planet Earth on a spot of land called Canada. We have noisy neighbours.

- harvested from Usenet

Message Alert - You Have 1 Important Unread Message! Kelly R[_2_] Electronics Repair 0 June 21st 09 06:36 AM
Welfare Queen Wes[_2_] Metalworking 6 October 26th 08 01:45 AM
Welfare Queen Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 October 23rd 08 11:19 PM
Queen Bed j Woodworking 2 October 18th 06 12:37 AM