Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O.T Message from The Queen

On Nov 17, 6:35 am, Robatoy wrote:

Well, you ruined everything. Got all serious and stuff. I was
wondering if you might be looking the other way when I wrote that
one. In the last couple of political threads, you have been either
absent or barely paying attention.

I was thinking that maybe DB would fire off some kind on blather and
the group vigilantes would get him. And since you wrote such a
vigorous and spirited response, (shame on you for using facts!) the
lynch mobs moved on.

I am a bit tired of the US being criticized all the time, though.
Everything from "real" football, our beers, our government, our
people, etc.
It's old. We have a lot of problems, We know it. We can't help
knowing it as the rest of the world uses us for target practice and we
roll over and suck it up. But we never seem to fix ANY of our own
problems, so maybe we deserve some of it...

Tiring it is, though. It is like being nagged by a group of bitchy
women. Sure, you can gut it up, but their shrill screatching gets old
fast. Actually, I only mentioned Canada because of DB.

There is a major dickwad on another group I frequent that cannot get
enough of beating the **** out of the USA for anything he can find.
It is an outdoors/wilderness forum, and although it is moderated, he
can say just about anything he wants as long as he doesn't swear. He
is an extreme Canadian nationalist (nothing wrong with that), but for
me I find it hard to believe that Canada is completely PERFECT. After
all, I pointed out to him the spawned him and let him live there...

He has now enlisted dickwad junior as his protege, and the two take
turns jacking each other off while starting troll threads about how
superior Canada is to everywhere else in the world. I listen in
wonderment to their descriptions of near zero crime, perfect weather,
almost no unemployment with all jobs being well paid, excellent health
care and education for all, superior sports and teams, best beers in
the world, and on an on. Nowhere in the rest of the civilized world
is as wonderful.

Maybe... but it seems like Canadians are people too, and people mean
that the grind of humanity and its society exists. No one can escape
that.

I quite like the border where it is and know a lot of your people who
wouldn't mind living up here.

Me too. I have never been to Canada, but without exception the folks
I know only have a few problems with anything they experienced.

- cigarettes are about $10 - $12 a pack
- anything French-Canadian was quickly annoying
- too cold
- bad Mexican food, no Tex-Mex (ouch!)
- Canadian whiskey was too smooth

Kinda of a small list, no?

But, Robert, you have an open invitation to come up here and stay at
my house (igloo) and we can chew some pelts and have a few blubber
sandwiches and maybe even have a beer-or-twenty. I think you'll like
us up here.

No way. If I get up there I want to dress up like Bob and Doug and
eat Canadian bacon and drink Molson. We could try poutine!

I would liken that to someone from Vermont coming to Texas, buying a
ten gallon cowboy hat, Wranglers, and drinking Lone Star.

Could be fun though... :^)

Robert