Posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.woodworking,alt.usenet.kooks,news.groups,alt.feminism

Default McCain/Palin 2008!

[all jokes aside]

I've never really shared my political views with the greater Usenet
community, but there's a first for everything.

I was very disappointed at Barack Hussein Obama's clinch on the
Democratic nomination earlier this year. I'd like to go on record as
such at this time.

McCain's highly appropriate choice of a running mate was the deciding
factor in my support for their candidacy for the White House in November.

Now, back to the beer-fridge.

Posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.woodworking,alt.usenet.kooks,news.groups,alt.feminism

On 02 Sep 2008 01:41:30 GMT, Sean Monaghan
wrote:

[all jokes aside]

I've never really shared my political views with the greater Usenet
community, but there's a first for everything.

I was very disappointed at Barack Hussein Obama's clinch on the
Democratic nomination earlier this year. I'd like to go on record as
such at this time.

McCain's highly appropriate choice of a running mate was the deciding
factor in my support for their candidacy for the White House in November.

Now, back to the beer-fridge.

You used to troll so well. What happened?

--
K. A. Cannon
kevin.a.cannon at gmail.com.

COOSN-266-06-02374
Hammer of Thor, April 2005
PIERRE SALINGER MEMORIAL HOOK, LINE & SINKER June 2007
Barbara Woodhouse Memorial Dog Whistle X 2
#9 People ruining UseNet lits.
#6 Top Assholes on the Net lits.
#5 Most hated Usenetizens of all time
#15 AUK psychos and felons lits
#5 Cog in the AUK Hate Machine
Posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.woodworking,alt.usenet.kooks,news.groups,alt.feminism

In article ,
Sean Monaghan wrote:

[all jokes aside]

I've never really shared my political views with the greater Usenet
community, but there's a first for everything.

I was very disappointed at Barack Hussein Obama's clinch on the
Democratic nomination earlier this year. I'd like to go on record as
such at this time.

McCain's highly appropriate choice of a running mate was the deciding
factor in my support for their candidacy for the White House in November.

Now, back to the beer-fridge.

keeping comedians employed since january 2009

arf meow arf - raggedy ann and andy for president and vice
limp and spineless lint for brains is better yet and nice
then rueing pair of shrub and dick the republican lice
call me desdenova seven seven seven seven seven seven
Posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.woodworking,alt.usenet.kooks,news.groups,alt.feminism

K. A. Cannon wrote in
:

wrote:

[all jokes aside]

I've never really shared my political views with the greater Usenet
community, but there's a first for everything.

I was very disappointed at Barack Hussein Obama's clinch on the
Democratic nomination earlier this year. I'd like to go on record
as such at this time.

McCain's highly appropriate choice of a running mate was the
deciding factor in my support for their candidacy for the White
House in November.

Now, back to the beer-fridge.

You used to troll so well. What happened?

Actually, those Usenetizens who have previously discussed politics
with me outside of Usenet shouldn't be surprised that I'm not
supporting Obama. After all, I'm a fiscal conservative, pro-life
except in cases of rape/incest, and strongly against quotas &
affirmative action based on race or gender.

Palin got where she is today due to her own accomplishments - not
because of some arbitrary quota. In a state where the male-to-female
ratio is as disproportionately high as it is in Alaska, having a woman
secure the top office in the land is especially impressive. On top of
all that, she seems genuine to me. She was forthcoming in telling
McCain about her daughter's pregnancy prior the announcement of her
candidacy - that's very telling, IMO.

At what point did Obama finally speak up and insist that *all* of
Florida's & Michigan's delegates be seated with full voting
privileges? Not until after having been selected (by the
superdelegates) to be the Democratic nominee. If he had any
integrity, he would have been on board with Hillary's position of
equally seating them all from day one. And I don't even wanna get
started on the Rev. Wright bull****. sigh

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote:

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 01:41:30 +0000, Sean Monaghan wrote:

I was very disappointed at Barack Hussein Obama's clinch on the
Democratic nomination earlier this year. I'd like to go on record as
such at this time.

McCain's highly appropriate choice of a running mate was the deciding
factor in my support for their candidacy for the White House in November.

Newsgroups:soc.culture.usa,rec.woodworking,alt.use net.kooks,news.groups,alt.feminism

Says it all :-).

rec.ww has been getting spill-over from some of the kook groups during the
past week or so, wonder what's inspired that?

Posted to rec.woodworking

OK, if you guys are really interested in this kind of stuff, you
should check this out. I think it says it all.

http://tinyurl.com/yzhp5e

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking
No Name

saw a neat Alaskan bumper sticker .. .. .. "Our weather is COLD .. but
our Governor is HOT !!"

morgan mair fheal wrote:
In article ,
Sean Monaghan wrote:

[all jokes aside]

I've never really shared my political views with the greater Usenet
community, but there's a first for everything.

I was very disappointed at Barack Hussein Obama's clinch on the
Democratic nomination earlier this year. I'd like to go on record as
such at this time.

McCain's highly appropriate choice of a running mate was the deciding
factor in my support for their candidacy for the White House in November.

Now, back to the beer-fridge.

keeping comedians employed since january 2009

arf meow arf - raggedy ann and andy for president and vice
limp and spineless lint for brains is better yet and nice
then rueing pair of shrub and dick the republican lice
call me desdenova seven seven seven seven seven seven

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 2, 12:42*am, Just Wondering wrote:
wrote:
OK, if you guys are really interested in this kind of stuff, you
should check this out. *I think it says it all.

*http://tinyurl.com/yzhp5e

Robert

I dunno about others,but your link takes me tohttp://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sausage-Balls-II/Detail.aspx

Naw..... say it ain't so.

I thought it was every bit as on related to woodworking as the OP's
troll.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
OK, if you guys are really interested in this kind of stuff, you
should check this out. I think it says it all.
http://tinyurl.com/yzhp5e
Robert

I dunno about others,but your link takes me tohttp://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sausage-Balls-II/Detail.aspx

Naw..... say it ain't so.

I thought it was every bit as on related to woodworking as the OP's
troll.

Robert

Mebbe the sausage maker uses sawdust for filler?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Just Wondering" wrote:

I dunno about others,but your link takes me to
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sausage...II/Detail.aspx

Yep, and pretty basic recipe at that.

More tasty with Italian sausage than basic ground pork.

Keep a little hot sauce on the side if you like it zippy.

BTW, yes I've made some using this recipe.

Lew

Posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.woodworking,news.groups,alt.feminism

Default [OT] McCain/Palin 2008!

Sean Monaghan wrote:
[all jokes aside]

I've never really shared my political views with the greater Usenet
community, but there's a first for everything.

All jokes aside - better late than never.

I was very disappointed at Barack Hussein Obama's clinch on the
Democratic nomination earlier this year. I'd like to go on record as
such at this time.

Hmm - you might want to work on your timing (and perhaps your level of
effort).

After being steadfastly independent for years, I evaluated things
differently and acted accordingly:

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/Action.jpg

The point is that, if you have a preference for who's on the ticket,
it's necessary to pay attention and act on that preference. Your
primary/caucus vote and your convention vote(s) have a lot more effect
than your after-the-fact regrets.

McCain's highly appropriate choice of a running mate was the deciding
factor in my support for their candidacy for the White House in November.

That's fine - just don't forget to vote!

Now, back to the beer-fridge.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 2, 12:59*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Yep, and pretty basic recipe at that.

More tasty with Italian sausage than basic ground pork.

My grandmother used to make this recipe with extra sharp cheddar and
sage flavored sausage. She juiced it up with a little cayenne and a
little more rubbed sage.

Wow.

Never thought about using the Italian sausage, though.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.feminism

[all jokes aside]

{Snip}
McCain's highly appropriate choice of a running mate was the deciding
factor in my support for their candidacy for the White House in
November.

Ah, excuse me, but can we wait a week or two for the media-mad-dogs to
dig into her past?

Does the names Spiro Agnew or Thomas Eagleton ring a bell as little known
to the general public as VP picks. The press chewed them up over time
(took a while with Spiro, but they did eventually.) All I **heard** from
the cable TV channels I watch was "FRESH MEAT!!"

I am sorry, but as I compose this post, Gov. Palin has only been exposed
to the level of national political scrutiny for only 3 days. Even hockey
Moms can have a past that demonstrates an error in judgment.

I think we should wait and see what the rabid dogs of the media tear out
of her hide. And I do believe they will find something to bite and latch
on to; I believe that with all my heart and soul.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

My grandmother used to make this recipe with extra sharp cheddar and

sage flavored sausage. She juiced it up with a little cayenne and a
little more rubbed sage.

Never thought about sage, will have to try it.

Sharp cheddar works for me

Never thought about using the Italian sausage, though.

Add some fennel seeds.

Lew

Posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.woodworking,alt.usenet.kooks,news.groups,alt.feminism

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 03:04:30 +0000, Sean Monaghan aided th' terraists with
the following claims :

K. A. Cannon wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Palin is no friend of the enviroment:

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 2, 7:05*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Add some fennel seeds.

Wow, Lew. This turned out to be a pretty good thread after all.
Fennel, huh?

I made some homemade pork sausage out of butt and shoulder and I used
fennel in it. I buy Italian sausages and they have it in it, but I
never thought about adding a few seeds in the sausage balls.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Wow, Lew. This turned out to be a pretty good thread after all.

Fennel, huh?

I made some homemade pork sausage out of butt and shoulder and I used
fennel in it. I buy Italian sausages and they have it in it, but I
never thought about adding a few seeds in the sausage balls.

My Basic Italian Sausage

Pork Butt
Kosher salt
Fresh ground/cracked black pepper
Fennel seeds
Hot seeds as needed.

Basic Kielbasa

Same as above except substitute garlic for fennel seeds.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Just Wondering" wrote in message

I thought it was every bit as on related to woodworking as the OP's
troll.

Robert

Mebbe the sausage maker uses sawdust for filler?

I do use sawdust for curing sausage.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 05:11:49 -0500, Phil Again wrote:

I am sorry, but as I compose this post, Gov. Palin has only been exposed
to the level of national political scrutiny for only 3 days. Even hockey
Moms can have a past that demonstrates an error in judgment.

Well, they've already discovered that as mayor of her little town, she
hired a PR firm to get several million dollars of earmarks for it. Now
that wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't bragging how she was against that
sort of thing.

And her lack of experience certainly rivals Obama, thus removing one of
their major campaign arguments.

As far as the pregnant daughter, that's irrelevant. Has nothing to do
with her abilities or lack thereof. But the media will harp on it.

Seems like this was a last minute decision by the McCain campaign - they
should have been a little more careful.
Posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.woodworking,alt.usenet.kooks,news.groups,alt.feminism

§ñühwØ£f wrote in
news

Not exactly credible source of information, but anyways...

So, she supports drilling in her home state of Alaska and elsewhere.
Speaker Pelosi needs to get on that bandwagon too - instead of turning
lights on the floor of the House Of Representatives in the middle of a
discussion on the subject. I'm getting tired of paying $4 USD per gallon
of gasoline.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 05:11:49 -0500, Phil Again
wrote:

[all jokes aside]

{Snip}
McCain's highly appropriate choice of a running mate was the deciding
factor in my support for their candidacy for the White House in
November.

-snip-
I think we should wait and see what the rabid dogs of the media tear out
of her hide. And I do believe they will find something to bite and latch
on to; I believe that with all my heart and soul.

Well, here're some of her "views":

Staunchly anti abortion - *no* exceptions.

Suing the current administration (who put them there I believe) to
remove the polar bear from the endangered species list.

End all - be all answer to the energy "crisis" is drill in Alaska.

All for teaching creationism in public schools.

Despite the position of 57 Nobel Laureates in Science,
four hurricanes (or getting ready to be) lined up in a nice row aimed
at the US, and
the separation of the polar ice cap from the adjacent land for the 1st
time in human history,
still considers global climate change to be a hoax.

These views do appeal to some folks, and it should be pretty clear why
she was selected.
Or, is it that she's lived closer to Russia than the other candidates?

Renata
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sean Monaghan wrote:

Palin got where she is today due to her own accomplishments - not
because of some arbitrary quota. In a state where the male-to-female
ratio is as disproportionately high as it is in Alaska, having a woman
secure the top office in the land is especially impressive. On top of
all that, she seems genuine to me. She was forthcoming in telling
McCain about her daughter's pregnancy prior the announcement of her
candidacy - that's very telling, IMO.

In some respects I find Palin quite impressive, but I'm still appalled at
the thought of her being VP and potentially President if McCain kicks the
bucket in office. She is exceptionally inexperienced, and some of her views
like wanting creationism taught in public schools are unacceptable to me.
With all the more impressive potential candidates available the choice of
Palin appears to be intended to mollify the religious right which had been
lukewarm to McCain. I think of myself as a conservative, and frankly I'm a
little tired of the political process looking over its shoulder worrying
about people who believe fossils are God's little jokes. Such people are
entitled to believe whatever they please, they are not entitled to demand we
teach religious dogma on an equal footing with science in the public
schools.

At what point did Obama finally speak up and insist that *all* of
Florida's & Michigan's delegates be seated with full voting
privileges? Not until after having been selected (by the
superdelegates) to be the Democratic nominee. If he had any
integrity, he would have been on board with Hillary's position of
equally seating them all from day one. And I don't even wanna get
started on the Rev. Wright bull****. sigh

First, if Palin had as much integrity as you demand of Obama she wouldn't
have used her office to try to get her former brother-in-law fired (jerk
though he apparently is). Second, since Obama didn't campaign in those
states which the party had warned not to move up their primaries, why should
he have allowed the skewed outcome of those votes to count? What is fair
about an election in which one of the two principle candidates doesn't even
appear on the ballot? Third, however idiotic Rev. Wright is, consider the
wingnut preachers who have been closely associated with the Republican
Party. McCain had to disavow the endorsement of John Hagee due to that
preacher's bizarre and outrageous statements, the Federal Election
Commission sued Pat Robertson's organization for coordinating its activities
with Repub candidates, and so on. If Obama's whacko former preacher is a
disqualifying burden on him then the Repubs would appear to be in even worse
shape.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Renata wrote:
On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 05:11:49 -0500, Phil Again
wrote:

[all jokes aside]

{Snip}
[...]

Not to mention "troopergate" See
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news...e_scandal.html

This all started in July.

criminy,
j4
Posted to rec.woodworking

__ Bøb __ wrote:
saw a neat Alaskan bumper sticker .. .. .. "Our weather is COLD .. but
our Governor is HOT !!"

And I thought I was the only one who noticed...

On actress scales, she's OK, but on Politician scale? G
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Despite the position of 57 Nobel Laureates in Science,
four hurricanes (or getting ready to be) lined up in a nice row aimed
at the US, and
the separation of the polar ice cap from the adjacent land for the 1st
time in human history,
still considers global climate change to be a hoax.

Well the first, "Global Warming" was pretty much a hoax. Global Climate
Change happens several times with each revolution that the Earth makes
around the Sun.
If the "NEWS" was not a source and or focused so much on being entertaining
most the named squalls would never get the time of day for attention.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DGDevin wrote:

First, if Palin had as much integrity as you demand of Obama she wouldn't
have used her office to try to get her former brother-in-law fired (jerk
though he apparently is).

Her brother in law, the trooper, threatened to kill her father. Palin
reported the incident. Should she have ignored the whole matter?

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/sha...in_and_he.html

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nova wrote:

First, if Palin had as much integrity as you demand of Obama she
wouldn't have used her office to try to get her former
brother-in-law fired (jerk though he apparently is).

Her brother in law, the trooper, threatened to kill her father. Palin
reported the incident. Should she have ignored the whole matter?

There's a lot more to it than that, for one thing the moron zapped his
10-year-old stepson with a Taser, and he's been reprimanded many times for
various violations. However Palin's family and members of her staff and
associates pestered the public safety commissioner time and time again about
getting the trooper fired, even Palin has admitted there were numerous
contacts over the issue although she claims she wasn't behind them. The
family appears to have good reason to dislike the guy, but it also appears
those around the Governor tried to use their positions in government to get
him fired. The question of abuse of power seems to be a legitimate one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

DGDevin wrote:
Nova wrote:

[...]

If there's an "abuse of power" it seems to me that it's by the cop who
zaps the little kid with a Taser. Sounds to me like if there's a real
scandal here it's why it took her so long to act against the SOB.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.woodworking,alt.usenet.kooks,news.groups,alt.feminism

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 08:19:47 -0700, in alt.usenet.kooks, §ñühwØ£f
bloviated:

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:22:07 +0000, Sean Monaghan aided th' terraists with
the following claims :

§ñühwØ£f wrote in
news

Not exactly credible source of information, but anyways...

So, she supports drilling in her home state of Alaska and elsewhere.
Speaker Pelosi needs to get on that bandwagon too - instead of turning
lights on the floor of the House Of Representatives in the middle of a
discussion on the subject. I'm getting tired of paying $4 USD per gallon
of gasoline.

America cant drill its way out of a situation where alternative forms dont
supplant/surpass the current mode.
The oil, what small amount we could possibly get, will be sold on the
WORLD MARKET. Not sequestered in some private "americans only" reserve for
our use only.
Conservation would save more in the long run. But people are stupid lazy
and greedy so as a species we're ****ed, mate.

It is like the ****ing hysteria over taxes. I agree that cutting taxes
is a good thing BUT only if there is a commensurate cut in government
spending. The current lackwits and fellow kool-aid drinkers believe
they can keep spending all the money they want while cutting taxes.
Their supposed family values are "I get my **** now, **** the kids
that have to pay for it later". How stupid are they? Only one
president in recent memory had a surplus, Clinton. You would think
that 20 years of *supply side* governemnt economic failure (reagan,
shrub I, shrub II) would clue at least one of them in that it does not
work. But no, the selfish scumbags are all so happy they got their
$68.00 in tax breaks that they do not care there is a $500,000,000,000
deficit next year.

Posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.woodworking,alt.usenet.kooks,news.groups,alt.feminism

[...]

http://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2008/0902-16
Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:
DGDevin wrote:
Nova wrote:

[...]

Especially since the kid in question is the man's step-son.....
Posted to rec.woodworking

Someone please set me straight. Sara Paulin bragged that she didnt
take Fed money to build a bridge. She said that if we build a bridge
that we will use our (state) money. If I'am a taxpayer in Alaska dont
I want the federal $ instead of State $ to pay for it.

Posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.woodworking,alt.usenet.kooks,news.groups,alt.feminism

Aratzio wrote:

... You would think that 20 years of *supply side* governemnt
economic failure (reagan, shrub I, shrub II) would clue at least one
of them in that it does not work.

Are you saying we've got a government of bambies?

B/
Posted to rec.woodworking

henry wrote:
Someone please set me straight. Sara Paulin bragged that she didnt
take Fed money to build a bridge. She said that if we build a bridge
that we will use our (state) money. If I'am a taxpayer in Alaska dont
I want the federal $ instead of State $ to pay for it.

Take a look at this one:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,6108885.story

Do it today since the Times cycles its stories.
j4
Posted to rec.woodworking

henry wrote:
Someone please set me straight. Sara Paulin bragged that she didnt
take Fed money to build a bridge. She said that if we build a bridge
that we will use our (state) money. If I'am a taxpayer in Alaska
dont
I want the federal $ instead of State $ to pay for it.

Federal money comes with strings.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.woodworking,alt.usenet.kooks,news.groups,alt.feminism

On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 09:14:32 -0700, in alt.usenet.kooks, Brian Mailman
bloviated:

Aratzio wrote:

... You would think that 20 years of *supply side* governemnt
economic failure (reagan, shrub I, shrub II) would clue at least one
of them in that it does not work.

Are you saying we've got a government of bambies?

B/

I dunno, is it smarter to experiment with new mistakes?
Posted to soc.culture.usa,rec.woodworking,alt.usenet.kooks,news.groups,alt.feminism

On Sep 3, 11:19*am, §ñühwØ£f wrote:

America cant drill its way out of a situation where alternative forms dont
supplant/surpass the current mode.

American companies are not using all of the leases they currently
hold.
Having them sit on more leases where they don't drill won't help
either.

--

FF