Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default HINTS AND TIPS

http://www.newcastletriton.asn.au/hints__tips5.htm

How to make mobile bases, studded knobs, and more.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 12, 12:50 am, (J T) wrote:
http://www.newcastletriton.asn.au/hints__tips5.htm

How to make mobile bases, studded knobs, and more.

Good one. I keepeth. Full of niftyness.

Tanx

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 00:50:14 -0500, (J T) wrote:

http://www.newcastletriton.asn.au/hints__tips5.htm

How to make mobile bases, studded knobs, and more.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Good one, bro...

I thought that the brake concept on the mobile base was very clever... and a lot
easier than building one with flip-up wheels..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks!

I saveth as well, but left a copy there for all to have.

Skip
www.ShopFileR.com

"J T" wrote in message
Tue, Dec 11, 2007, 10:57pm (EST-3) (Robatoy)
claimeth:
Good one. I keepeth. Full of niftyness.

Can't keepeth. Gotta shareth. Selfish knave.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

Roy,

I am.

I origionally wrote it for my own shop to solve some problems that I was
having keeping track of all my links, forum messages, etc. Then added a
bunch of stuff to it and thought it might be useful to others .

Skip

"ROY!" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:31:48 -0500, "Skip Williams"
wrote:

Thanks!

I saveth as well, but left a copy there for all to have.

Skip
www.ShopFileR.com

Are you the author of the ShopFileR software?
ROY!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks for the kind words, Roy.

Registered users will get free updates for at least two years from the date
they installed ShopFileR.

Some selected updates will be available for unregistered users as well. I
plan to have an update next week to add the ability to add links, file
associations, etc. to the Magazine Index. Some folks have scanned their WW
mags or certain articles and wanted a way to keep the links and scanned
files associated with a particular magazine. This update will be available
to everyone.

Skip
www.ShopFileR.com

"ROY!" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:58:26 -0500, "Skip Williams"
wrote:

Roy,

I am.

I origionally wrote it for my own shop to solve some problems that I was
having keeping track of all my links, forum messages, etc. Then added a
bunch of stuff to it and thought it might be useful to others .

Skip

. ..
wrote:

Are you the author of the ShopFileR software?
ROY!

Skip,
Program looks to be winner.
How long will you give free updates to registered owners?

ROY!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Skip,

I assume, from looking at your webpage, that you can copy saved messages
from your newsreader to ShopFileR.

MS Outlook Express is nortorious for storing messages in a proprietary
format that is almost impossible to move or copy to another program.

How do you handle this problem?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:
Skip,

I assume, from looking at your webpage, that you can copy saved
messages from your newsreader to ShopFileR.

MS Outlook Express is nortorious for storing messages in a
proprietary
format that is almost impossible to move or copy to another program.

How do you handle this problem?

Any reason you can't save as .txt?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi Lee,

At this point, I dont try to interface with the OE or other newsreaders.

This newsgroup (as well as most others) is mirrored by Google
(http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/topics). in a web page
format which can be saved in ShopFileR as a link or, if you save the webpage
as an .mht file, to your local hard drive as a web page (mht file) with the
pics and links intact, and then can be associated into ShopFileR....

Also, another way,...if there is a particular message that you want to save
, then copy the message to the clipboard and do a paste into the 'Notes' in
ShopFileR, or paste it into notepad and save it as a .txt file and
associate that in ShopFileR... a couple of ways to skin that catg

I am looking at a direct newsgroup interface in ShopFileR, however, but
havent decided if I really want to implement it yet. Maybe a future
enhancement.

Skip
www.ShopFileR.com

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
Skip,

I assume, from looking at your webpage, that you can copy saved messages
from your newsreader to ShopFileR.

MS Outlook Express is nortorious for storing messages in a proprietary
format that is almost impossible to move or copy to another program.

How do you handle this problem?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Lee Michaels wrote:
Skip,

I assume, from looking at your webpage, that you can copy saved
messages from your newsreader to ShopFileR.

MS Outlook Express is nortorious for storing messages in a
proprietary
format that is almost impossible to move or copy to another program.

How do you handle this problem?

Any reason you can't save as .txt?

Just the time and volume issues. I am often in a rush when I frequent
newsgroups. I can quickly copy to a folder in the original format.
Changeing the format not only requires a bunch of extra steps, but a new
location as well. It greatly increases the time and hassle. And it is often
impossible to do with my schedule.

Posted to rec.woodworking

A quick update to my above reply .....

Some of y'all may have downloaded ShopFileR last week. Just wanted to let
you know that an update is available.

Links, files, etc can now be associated in the Magazine Index section.
Scanned articles or complete magazines can be organized here.

On the main menu, go to 'Help', 'Check the Web for Updates'

Thanks
Skip
www.ShopFileR.com

.. .