Posted to rec.woodworking
Skip Williams Skip Williams is offline

Default HINTS AND TIPS

Hi Lee,

At this point, I dont try to interface with the OE or other newsreaders.

This newsgroup (as well as most others) is mirrored by Google
(http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/topics). in a web page
format which can be saved in ShopFileR as a link or, if you save the webpage
as an .mht file, to your local hard drive as a web page (mht file) with the
pics and links intact, and then can be associated into ShopFileR....

Also, another way,...if there is a particular message that you want to save
, then copy the message to the clipboard and do a paste into the 'Notes' in
ShopFileR, or paste it into notepad and save it as a .txt file and
associate that in ShopFileR... a couple of ways to skin that catg

I am looking at a direct newsgroup interface in ShopFileR, however, but
havent decided if I really want to implement it yet. Maybe a future
enhancement.

Skip
www.ShopFileR.com

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
Skip,

I assume, from looking at your webpage, that you can copy saved messages
from your newsreader to ShopFileR.

MS Outlook Express is nortorious for storing messages in a proprietary
format that is almost impossible to move or copy to another program.

How do you handle this problem?