Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default HINTS AND TIPS

"Skip Williams" wrote in news:%dm8j.37759$L%
:

I am looking at a direct newsgroup interface in ShopFileR, however, but
havent decided if I really want to implement it yet. Maybe a future
enhancement.

But, posts do expire from news servers, so they only real alternative is
either saving the post as a local file, or (if it is pure text) making a
link to the google archive, or if it is a abpw picture, possible a link to
the abpw archive (name/link escapes me at this moment).

I have tried to get to archived links in google if the original post
expired from the verizon news server, but have yet to find a news ID that
works properly. I suspect that Verizon renames the ID (??).

--
Best regards
Han