Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default HINTS AND TIPS

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Lee Michaels wrote:
Skip,

I assume, from looking at your webpage, that you can copy saved
messages from your newsreader to ShopFileR.

MS Outlook Express is nortorious for storing messages in a
proprietary
format that is almost impossible to move or copy to another program.

How do you handle this problem?

Any reason you can't save as .txt?

Just the time and volume issues. I am often in a rush when I frequent
newsgroups. I can quickly copy to a folder in the original format.
Changeing the format not only requires a bunch of extra steps, but a new
location as well. It greatly increases the time and hassle. And it is often
impossible to do with my schedule.