paradox

Default Grizzly or Ridgid

I have been looking for a new table saw for about a month now and I have
narrowed my choices to either the Grizzly G0444 or the Ridgid TS3650. The
problem I have is that both of these saws are new models. Searching the web
I have found little information on either of there models.

Since I am a newby I would like to have an idea of what is important in a
table saw and if those two models have what it takes. I plan to use the
saw at home for various cabinet and furniture projects.

Edwin Pawlowski

"paradox" wrote in message
I have been looking for a new table saw for about a month now and I have
narrowed my choices to either the Grizzly G0444 or the Ridgid TS3650.

Since I am a newby I would like to have an idea of what is important in a
table saw and if those two models have what it takes. I plan to use the
saw at home for various cabinet and furniture projects.

What is important is accuracy and a good fence. I've seen the Ridgid but did
not closely examine it, I've not seen the Grizzly. Both companies have good
reputations. The Ridgid I did look at did need some adjusting. I clamped
the fence down and it was out by a good 1/6" from front to back .That was
the floor model probably assembled by the part time pimply kid after school.

Take a look at the fit and finish. Compare them to other brands in the same
price range. Move the fence and see how well it slide and can be adjusted
when you have to set it for a very accurate cut. Don't pay too much
attention to the miter, as you'll replace it with a better one or a sled.
Don't pay too much attention to the (maybe) included blade as you will want
a better one of them also.

How about the start/stop switch? Feel comfortable where it is or can it be
moved? Do the table and extensions fit OK? Will the holes in the Ridgid
table top bother you?

Compare them to a Delta, Jet, maybe another brand on display at your nearby
tool shop.
Ed

Doug Winterburn

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:47:39 -0700, paradox wrote:

I have been looking for a new table saw for about a month now and I have
narrowed my choices to either the Grizzly G0444 or the Ridgid TS3650. The
problem I have is that both of these saws are new models. Searching the web
I have found little information on either of there models.

Since I am a newby I would like to have an idea of what is important in a
table saw and if those two models have what it takes. I plan to use the
saw at home for various cabinet and furniture projects.

You can get some info on the Griz by going to www.grizzly.com and typing
G0444 in the search field. It will bring up the G0444 and G0444Z. You
can then click on the "more info" button.

-Doug

mhandley

I have a numerous grizzly items and one major Jet item in my collection.
The most significant grizzly items are my table saw and my planer.

I consider them every bit equal to the Jet or Delta or General. Powermatic
? - well I don't know about that.

Rigid equipment has some decent built in features, but when I peek at their
collection at the HD they do not have the same quality of dust collection,
electrical, sturdy kind of construction. For my money, you can trust HD to
carry a pretty good dead blow hammer, but I would NEVER buy seriousWW gear
at the HD.

On a positive note, from reading prior postings Rigid & HD do have a good
return policy. That's good - I guess.

Have fun.

"paradox" wrote in message
I have been looking for a new table saw for about a month now and I have
narrowed my choices to either the Grizzly G0444 or the Ridgid TS3650. The
problem I have is that both of these saws are new models. Searching the

web
I have found little information on either of there models.

Since I am a newby I would like to have an idea of what is important in a
table saw and if those two models have what it takes. I plan to use the
saw at home for various cabinet and furniture projects.

Montyhp

"paradox" wrote in message
I have been looking for a new table saw for about a month now and I have
narrowed my choices to either the Grizzly G0444 or the Ridgid TS3650. The
problem I have is that both of these saws are new models. Searching the

web
I have found little information on either of there models.

Since I am a newby I would like to have an idea of what is important in a
table saw and if those two models have what it takes. I plan to use the
saw at home for various cabinet and furniture projects.

Ordinarily, I highly recommend Grizz products. However, I don't know
anything about the shop fox aluma classic fence. I have the Shop Fox
Classic (biesmeyer clone) on my saw and it is very solid and accurate. I
would also prefer the cast iron wings to the stamped steel if it were me
(that means the G0444Z upgrade).

Montyhp

Jim Polaski

In article ,
"paradox" wrote:

I have been looking for a new table saw for about a month now and I have
narrowed my choices to either the Grizzly G0444 or the Ridgid TS3650. The
problem I have is that both of these saws are new models. Searching the web
I have found little information on either of there models.

Since I am a newby I would like to have an idea of what is important in a
table saw and if those two models have what it takes. I plan to use the
saw at home for various cabinet and furniture projects.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Rigid stuff is made by Emerson who was the old
Sears OEM going back to the 50's maybe earlier. I have one of the old
table saws from the early 50's and it's still a fine saw, save for the
fact that I should upgrade the fence one of these days. Best of all it
is HEAVY and doesn't move an inch...

--
Regards,
Jim Polaski

Macintosh for productivity. Linux for servers. Palm/Visor for mobility. Windows to feed the Black Hole in your IT budget

Windows-the computer you need, Macintosh-The computer you Want!ant!iÝê
Edwin Pawlowski

"Jim Polaski" wrote in message

Unless I'm mistaken, the Rigid stuff is made by Emerson who was the old
Sears OEM going back to the 50's maybe earlier.

Sorry, but a couple of months ago, Emerson stopped making the Ridgid line.
All will be replaced with new models.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Charles Krug

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 02:47:45 GMT, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Jim Polaski" wrote in message

Unless I'm mistaken, the Rigid stuff is made by Emerson who was the old
Sears OEM going back to the 50's maybe earlier.

Sorry, but a couple of months ago, Emerson stopped making the Ridgid line.
All will be replaced with new models.
Ed

I just looked at the "Husky" compressors at HD. The motor nameplate
still says Emerson Electric. Looks like they're changing the Rigid line
but not the Husky line.

I've not seen any new Rigid stationary machines yet.