Jim Polaski

Default Grizzly or Ridgid

In article ,
"paradox" wrote:

I have been looking for a new table saw for about a month now and I have
narrowed my choices to either the Grizzly G0444 or the Ridgid TS3650. The
problem I have is that both of these saws are new models. Searching the web
I have found little information on either of there models.

Since I am a newby I would like to have an idea of what is important in a
table saw and if those two models have what it takes. I plan to use the
saw at home for various cabinet and furniture projects.

Unless I'm mistaken, the Rigid stuff is made by Emerson who was the old
Sears OEM going back to the 50's maybe earlier. I have one of the old
table saws from the early 50's and it's still a fine saw, save for the
fact that I should upgrade the fence one of these days. Best of all it
is HEAVY and doesn't move an inch...

--
Regards,
Jim Polaski

Macintosh for productivity. Linux for servers. Palm/Visor for mobility. Windows to feed the Black Hole in your IT budget

Windows-the computer you need, Macintosh-The computer you Want!ant!iÝê