Posted to rec.woodworking
gka gka is offline

Default What's up with the new 3/4 HP Delta drill press? Is it available?

Should I wait for the 959L Delta drill press? I heard that it was due
at retailers in March and they haven't seen it yet. What's the problem?

-Gary
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

gka wrote:
Should I wait for the 959L Delta drill press? I heard that it was due
at retailers in March and they haven't seen it yet. What's the problem?

Boat not in port yet, probably...

What's so special about this particular drill press?

Posted to rec.woodworking
gka gka is offline

It has a larger table and a laser projected crosshair where the drill
point hits. I'd like to see it to compare with the previous 3/4 HP
model which is a very nice drill press.

What's so special about this particular drill press?

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

gka wrote:
It has a larger table and a laser projected crosshair where the drill
point hits. I'd like to see it to compare with the previous 3/4 HP
model which is a very nice drill press.

What's so special about this particular drill press?

I'd certainly want to see the laser thingamabobbie as I personally think
them nothing but gadgetry to break (but that's me, maybe you can find a
real reason for it )...

Larger tables definitely an advantage. Don't know relative
suggested/street pricing for it vis a vis others, but my personal
preference for presses has shifted to where I'd probably seriously look
at Griz for the price differential.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 15, 12:26 pm, gka wrote:
Should I wait for the 959LDeltadrillpress? I heard that it was due
at retailers in March and they haven't seen it yet. What's the problem?

-Gary

I ordered the 20-959LX on Amazon in March. After repeated notes from
Amazon about delayed availability, with dates that conflict with what
Delta has on their own website, I requested clarification from Delta.
Here is the response I received today (a disappointment, having
already unloaded my previous drill press):

Thank you for your interest in Delta Machinery.
Due to the fact that this is our first entry into the digital world on
our equipment and we put all of our products through very stringent
testing in order to insure the best precision and quality. We were
having some repeatability issues on the digital depth readout. We
expect this product to perform several thousand accurate digital
readings over the life of the product without needing any adjustments.
In order to achieve this standard, we are looking into some design
changes to get better accuracy and repeatability. This is why the due
date has been pushed out until next March.

Regards,
End User Services

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 03:24:27 -0000, TSW632 wrote:

On Jul 15, 12:26 pm, gka wrote:
Should I wait for the 959LDeltadrillpress? I heard that it was due
at retailers in March and they haven't seen it yet. What's the problem?

-Gary

I ordered the 20-959LX on Amazon in March. After repeated notes from
Amazon about delayed availability, with dates that conflict with what
Delta has on their own website, I requested clarification from Delta.
Here is the response I received today (a disappointment, having
already unloaded my previous drill press):

Thank you for your interest in Delta Machinery.
Due to the fact that this is our first entry into the digital world on
our equipment and we put all of our products through very stringent
testing in order to insure the best precision and quality.

Let me interrupt here.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! HEEHEEHEEHEEHEE!!!
You know, ROTFLMAO.

Well, ok, maybe they're (trying) to turn over a new leaf.
'Cause they can't get much worse.

As some know...
Bought the 17-990X fancy schmantzy, sooper dooper drill press. And,
it can't drill a straight hole. May be fixed (Skarie replaced head) -
haven't thoroughly tested it yet. Delta service wasn't too hot either
("it's normal" to have that much runout, doncha know).

While I just bought a used DJ20, I'm gonna be awful slow in getting
any new Delta.

Renata

We were
having some repeatability issues on the digital depth readout. We
expect this product to perform several thousand accurate digital
readings over the life of the product without needing any adjustments.
In order to achieve this standard, we are looking into some design
changes to get better accuracy and repeatability. This is why the due
date has been pushed out until next March.

Regards,
End User Services

Delta Drill Press 17 900 [email protected] Woodworking 1 May 14th 07 01:15 PM
Anyone Have a Delta 17-965 Drill Press Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 0 April 27th 06 08:21 PM
Delta 20" drill press belt [email protected] Woodworking 13 August 18th 05 09:36 PM
Old Delta drill press part?? gattman Metalworking 4 March 28th 04 09:41 PM
Delta 12" Benchtop Drill Press RWS Woodworking 1 December 24th 03 05:21 AM