Default Delta 20" drill press belt

I need a belt for a Delta Model 20 drill press. It's delta/rockwell
part number 1200266, and Delta has them, but for $55, which seems
expensive to me. I'm pretty sure the belt is a 2L profile, and the
existing one has about a 58" outside circumference.

I usually buy stuff like this from McMaster-Carr, but the longest they
have in a 2L profile is 38". I tried a 3L-58 ($6), but it definitely
has a wider profile than the original belt. Anyone know of a source for
a 58" o.c. 2L profile belt?

Thanks,
Heath

Duane Bozarth

" wrote:

I need a belt for a Delta Model 20 drill press. It's delta/rockwell
part number 1200266, and Delta has them, but for $55, which seems
expensive to me. I'm pretty sure the belt is a 2L profile, and the
existing one has about a 58" outside circumference.

I usually buy stuff like this from McMaster-Carr, but the longest they
have in a 2L profile is 38". I tried a 3L-58 ($6), but it definitely
has a wider profile than the original belt. Anyone know of a source for
a 58" o.c. 2L profile belt?

Delta, perhaps???

Don't know specifically, can your local NAPA get such an animal?

Joe AutoDrill

I need a belt for a Delta Model 20 drill press. It's delta/rockwell
part number 1200266, and Delta has them, but for $55, which seems
expensive to me. I'm pretty sure the belt is a 2L profile, and the
existing one has about a 58" outside circumference.

I usually buy stuff like this from McMaster-Carr, but the longest they
have in a 2L profile is 38". I tried a 3L-58 ($6), but it definitely
has a wider profile than the original belt. Anyone know of a source for
a 58" o.c. 2L profile belt?

Delta, perhaps???

Look above and re-read the second line... He knows Delta has 'em already...
Not a bad tip otherwise. grin

Don't know specifically, can your local NAPA get such an animal?

Maybe... Can you read the exact size off the belt?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Duane Bozarth

Joe AutoDrill wrote:
Look above and re-read the second line... He knows Delta has 'em already...
Not a bad tip otherwise. grin

Why do you think I put in the ????

Duane Bozarth

No wrote:

Would a link belt work? I do not know what 2L and 3L specifically are so I
hope its not a dumb suggestion....

L is the belt profile size--4L is 1/2", 3L - 3/8", etc., ...

Grainger doesn't seem to have any 2L profile belts listed in their
online (#396) catalog.

Okay. Anyone know of a source OTHER THAN DELTA for a 58" o.c. 2L
profile belt?

:-)

I haven't called NAPA, but I can't imagine either a 2L or 58" belt
having an automotive application.

Thanks,
Heath

Duane Bozarth

" wrote:

Okay. Anyone know of a source OTHER THAN DELTA for a 58" o.c. 2L
profile belt?

:-)

I haven't called NAPA, but I can't imagine either a 2L or 58" belt
having an automotive application.

They supply parts for a lot of stuff and have general belt catalog as
well...don't know they'll have what you need, but I think its worth a
shot.

Duane Bozarth

" wrote:

Grainger doesn't seem to have any 2L profile belts listed in their
online (#396) catalog.

Try to find a Gates distributorship...
Joe Brophy

I'd go with a link type belt, Powertwist is one of the better brands =
IMHO. Any of them
will likely work better than a standard belt, or at least that has been =
my experience.
Grainger, Harbor Freight and McMaster carry them (or used to), once in a =
while you can
find a box for sale on ebay too. I believe the grainger catalog online =
has a cross
reference for sizing as well. Good luck. Joe

On 17 Aug 2005 12:52:04 -0700, " =
wrote:

I need a belt for a Delta Model 20 drill press. It's delta/rockwell
part number 1200266, and Delta has them, but for $55, which seems
expensive to me. I'm pretty sure the belt is a 2L profile, and the
existing one has about a 58" outside circumference.

I usually buy stuff like this from McMaster-Carr, but the longest they
have in a 2L profile is 38". I tried a 3L-58 ($6), but it definitely
has a wider profile than the original belt. Anyone know of a source for
a 58" o.c. 2L profile belt?

Thanks,
Heath

Joe AutoDrill

Why do you think I put in the ????

To let us all know you are a cheery, happy individual?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R