Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

Both the Bible and Qur'an prohibit the eating of pork. Muslims are
aware of this prohibition and observe it strictly. However, most
readers of the Bible say they do not know where they can find this in
the Bible. In the book of Leviticus, Chapter 11, v. 7, it is recorded
that God declares the pig to be unclean for believers. Then, in verse
8, God says: 'You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses;
they are unclean for you'. This command is repeated in Deuteronomy
14;7-8. Then, in Isaiah 65:2-4, and 66:17, God issues a stern warning
against those who eat pork.

Some people are aware of this prohibition from God, but they say that
they can eat pork because St. Paul said that all food is clean in his
letter to the Romans 14:20. St. Paul said this because he believed (as
he wrote in his letter to the Ephesians 2:14-15) that Jesus had
abolished the Law with all its commandments and regulations. He seems,
however, to have misunderstood what he heard from Jesus. In the Gospel
According to Matthew 5:17-20, Jesus is reported to have said quite the
contrary, as follows: 'Do not think that I have come to abolish the
law...' Jesus then went on in that passage (in verse 19) to denounce
anyone who would break the smallest commandment and teach others
likewise. He also praised his true followers who will practice and
teach even the smallest commandments. One of the commandments, as we
have seen, is to stay away from pork. This is why the true followers
of Jesus, holding on to his teachings, did not let unclean food such
as pork enter their mouths, so that Peter, the chief disciple, can
say: 'I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.' (Acts of the
Apostles, ch. 10, v. 14). Five chapters later in the Acts of the
Apostles, 15:29, we find that the original disciples still
differentiate between clean and unclean foods, and this time Paul is
in agreement with them. Six chapters later, in ch, 21, v.25, their
decision to impose food regulations on believers is mentioned without
regret, and this time Paul is challenged to prove that he is in
agreement with them; and he demonstrated his full agreement with them.
What remains, then, is that Jesus, on whom be peace, upheld the
prohibition against pork. His disciples also upheld it, and so must
all his followers. Those who fail to uphold it need to be informed and
reminded of this rule from God. This is one reason why God sent His
final messenger, on whom be peace. God says: 'O people of the
******ure! Now has Our Messenger come unto you, expounding unto you
much of that which you used to hide in the ******ure, and passing over
much (without explanation). Now has come unto you light from Allah and
a plain ******ure.' (The Meaning of the Glorious Qur'an

Posted to rec.woodworking

MMmmmm.... Pork chops...

Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

Posted to rec.woodworking

Russ wrote:
MMmmmm.... Pork chops...

wrote:
Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

Or pork rinds. . . .or bacon . . .or sausage . . .or . . .

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Morris Dovey" wrote in news:469123af$0$491$815e3792
@news.qwest.net:

"Enjoin ye righteousness upon mankind while ye yourselves forget (to
practise it)? And ye are readers of the Scripture! Have ye then no
sense?"

An (ex)-junkie with no education, but eager to please as our janitor, spoke
the wise words:

"Common sense is a misnomer, it isn't common at all"

(unreligious) AMEN! to that!
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 8, 7:25 am, wrote:
Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

Both the Bible and Qur'an prohibit the eating of pork. Muslims are
aware of this prohibition and observe it strictly. However, most
readers of the Bible say they do not know where they can find this in
the Bible. In the book of Leviticus, Chapter 11, v. 7, it is recorded
that God declares the pig to be unclean for believers. Then, in verse
8, God says: 'You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses;
they are unclean for you'. This command is repeated in Deuteronomy
14;7-8. Then, in Isaiah 65:2-4, and 66:17, God issues a stern warning
against those who eat pork.

(snip overlabored and boring rest of message)

God, Satan, Paradise, and Hell all vanished one day in my fifteenth
year, when I quite abruptly lost my faith. [...]and afterwards, to
prove
my new-found atheism, I bought myself a rather tasteless ham
sandwich,
and so partook for the first time of the forbidden flesh of the swine.
No
thunderbolt arrived to strike me down. [...] From that day to this I
have
thought of myself as a wholly secular person.

-- Salman Rushdie, In God We Trust, 1985

Posted to rec.woodworking

yep
noth'in worse than a pork eat'in kike.
i'd rather get stoned
ross
www.highislandexport.com

Posted to rec.woodworking
TH TH is offline

I find it amazing that some one believes that god is a food critic. I
applaud people who refrain from some activities as a personal means of
professing their faith or as a form of self sacrifice - much as I applaud
Kirsty Alley for loosing weight.. However I am revolted by "crazies" that
want god (or themselves) to smite you if you don't toe their lines. This
thinking went out in the 1500's in the civilized world.

wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

Barry Lennox writes:

The same bible says my neighbour must die as I saw him picking up
sticks on a Sunday, So that's that, we know that cannot be negotiated.

And don't forget Leviticus 19:19 - NIV --
" 'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

There are more, like women talking in church, marrying a woman who is
divorced, eating shellfish, wearing gold jewelry, exercise, charging
interest, cross-breeding, etc.

See:

http://www.rdrop.com/~jimka/treties.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 8, 4:52?pm, (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:
yep
noth'in worse than a pork eat'in kike.
i'd rather get stoned
rosswww.highislandexport.com

You mean you wrote that WITHOUT being stoned? That's truly pitiful.
You have my sympathy.

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Sun, Jul 8, 2007, 4:25am (EDT-3) burbles:
Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK snip

I don't eat pork, I eat ham. Bite me.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso

Posted to rec.woodworking

Subject

Pork Fat Rules.

Just ask Emeril.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 8, 11:57 am, Russ wrote:
MMmmmm.... Pork chops...

wrote:
Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

MMMmmmmmmm..baconnnnnn...and schnaugages..mmmmm

I ate a Begging Strip of bacon once (on a bet)....dammit...I'm still
begging for more...

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

Hmmm ... all those replies and no one knew enough to actually rebut
this clown?

(Acts 10:9-16) 9 The next day as they were pursuing their journey and
were approaching the city, Peter went up to the housetop about the sixth
hour to pray. 10 But he became very hungry and wanted to eat. While they
were preparing, he fell into a trance 11 and beheld heaven opened and
some sort of vessel descending like a great linen sheet being let down
by its four extremities upon the earth; 12 and in it there were all
sorts of four-footed creatures and creeping things of the earth and
birds of heaven. 13 And a voice came to him: “Rise, Peter, slaughter and
eat!” 14 But Peter said: “Not at all, Lord, because never have I eaten
anything defiled and unclean.” 15 And the voice [spoke] again to him,
the second time: “You stop calling defiled the things God has cleansed.”
16 This occurred a third time, and immediately the vessel was taken up
into heaven.

(Matthew 15:10-11) . . .With that he called the crowd near and said to
them: “Listen and get the sense of it: 11 Not what enters into [his]
mouth defiles a man; but it is what proceeds out of [his] mouth that
defiles a man.”

Do not let a Muslim teach you the Bible.

Bill

--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000754-5, 07/08/2007
Tested on: 7/8/2007 10:26:53 PM

Posted to rec.woodworking

BillinDetroit wrote:

Hmmm ... all those replies and no one knew enough to actually rebut
this clown?

It's all religious bull****, the biggest scam on the planet.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
BillinDetroit wrote:

Hmmm ... all those replies and no one knew enough to actually rebut
this clown?

It's all religious bull****, the biggest scam on the planet.

Lew

You are entitled to your opinion.

Bill

--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000754-5, 07/08/2007
Tested on: 7/9/2007 1:02:51 AM

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 8, 9:26 pm, BillinDetroit wrote:

SNIP

(Matthew 15:10-11) . . .With that he called the crowd near and said to them: "Listen and get the sense of it: 11 Not what enters into [his] mouth defiles a man; but it is what proceeds out of [his] mouth that defiles a man."

Do not let a Muslim teach you the Bible.

Nicely done, Bill. I like the quote and the comment.

And on a less serious note, we in Texas have always been a little
suspicious of pork, where beef is king.

Then we found out how to make everyone happy many years ago by
following this strict religion in preparing pork:

- Don't buy pork chops in the store unless you know the butcher and he
can cut them 3/4" or thicker for you. It is best to cut your own
chops from a loin

- Good chops (see above) should be cooked over a wood fire

- If you are stuck with "skinnys", then bread them in seasoned flour
and fry them like chicken. A bunch of them

- Ham is good an can be eaten any time. Smoking your own ham is...
dare I say it... divine?

- Shoulder is great. Pulled and seasoned, it makes great tacos,
sandwiches, gorditas, etc. I have a friend who likes it chunky and
sauced like a chopped brisket sandwich

- Pork ribs are also good for eating, and I have noticed no ill
effects from their ingestion, nor any random smitings or lightening
bolts.

All social, health and religious requirements for ribs can be met
easily by the method of preparation. A good, spicy dry rub applied a
couple of hours before smoking is good. (It is good here to give
proper thanks for finding meaty racks.) Baby backs need about 4 hours
or so in the smoker, and spares need about 7 or so, depending on the
thickness and the exact cut. With help from above (no rain, storming,
or excess wind) you can turn out a meat dish that should be found
acceptable. I've never had anyone turn away from a plate of my ribs,
actually.

My friend the Baptist deacon could eat more ribs than I could smoke.
His deeply religous mother (didn't even dance!) was known to down a
few herself.

I think as long as a few proper guidelines are observed and the proper
nod given to the powers that be, pork is OK and can be eaten without
fear of lightening strikes. It IS important to watch the smoke times
on the ribs though, as rushing them will end in some kind of disaster,
I have no doubt. Hopefully not a plague, eh?

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 8, 6:25 am, wrote:
Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

Everyone should note that these pinheads filling the net with this
noise are
fulfilling (in their own bizzare minds) a religious imperative - to
offer the "infidels"
a chance to redemption (i.e., Subjugation to their malignant form of
Islam)
before making jihad upon them. The Qur'an requires that they give the
rest of
us a chance before fulfilling holy obligations like weaponizing their
children as
suicide bombers, killing innocent non-combatants, blowing up public
places,
keeping slaves, abusing women, and violating little boys - you know,
all the
things that Moses, Abraham, Jesus and the other great religious minds
of
history taught ...

It would be nice if the decent but silent majority of Muslims would
take a more
public stand on this and condemn the pinheads for what they a
Genocidal
Maniacs...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Han wrote:
| "Morris Dovey" wrote in
| news:469123af$0$491$815e3792 @news.qwest.net:
|
|| "Enjoin ye righteousness upon mankind while ye yourselves forget
|| (to practise it)? And ye are readers of the Scripture! Have ye
|| then no sense?"
| An (ex)-junkie with no education, but eager to please as our
| janitor, spoke the wise words:
|
| "Common sense is a misnomer, it isn't common at all"
|
| (unreligious) AMEN! to that!

The author of my quote from the Qur'an (Surah II:44) was Mohammed.
Even he was frustrated by those who preach one thing but do another.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Religions" can serve a societal function. One of those functions
can be to discourage acts or behaviors which can lead to food
poisoning or intestinal parasites. The "Thou shalt not eat the
meat of cloven hooved animals." was, in the context of the time
in which it was necessary, a means to prevent illiterate goat
herders and the like from getting trichinosis (sp? - an intestinal
parasite). The whole "kosher" thing was to encourage hygenic
food preparation, given the lack of anti-bacterial soaps, etc.
of the time - and the ambient air temperature. So by dictating
- because God Said So - that meat was only to be cut with a straight
cutting edge - in one single and continuous slice, the resulting cut
edge has less surface are for bacteria to work on than a surface
cut by a series of sawing cuts, or with a serated cutting edge.
Remember that at the time there was no refridgeration and the
climate was very conducive to bacterial growth.

Religion and rituals are often used to pass on complex information
orally - in terms the people could follow. Early Japanese
metallurgy required procedures which had to be carefully followed
to consistently reproduce strong, hard and tough steel (hard and
tough being difficult to attain - together). Part of that procedure
involved adding carbon to molten iron to get carbon steel. Myth
has it that throwing a virgin into molten iron resulted in a stronger,
harder steel. The unexpected consequence of that approach
was probably a dramatic increase in teen pregnancy - and a
shortage of virgins. Eventually someone found that throwing
a highly resinous piece of wood - pine or some cedars - into the
molten iron produced the same desired results. Only much later
did they discover that what was needed was just the carbon.

And carbon played another role in the forging of metal. If
you've watched a samuri sword (or a laminated japanese
chisel) being made you'll note that as they fold and hammer
the metal, they continuously brush the hot metal surface
being forged with small brooms/brushes of rice stalks.
When the rice stalks contact the hot steel they burn, creating
carbon - right on the hot surface. Carbon likes oxygen more
that steel does, so the effect is to keep oxygen from getting
to the steel where it can weaken the steel. This underlying
rational reason for wiping the hot steel with rice stalks probably
wasn't understood by the person wielding the hammer
or the one brushing the metal's surface - so which part
of the ritual was "science" and which part was "religion"
couldn't be differentiated. But they knew that if they
followed the ritual - to the letter - they'd get the desired
results.

The problem with rituals are that the person providing the
ritual can add things that have nothing to do with providng
the practictioner of the ritual a useful result -
- Heat the metal until it is the color of autum wheat
adding ground charcoal made from deodor cedar
- send $5 in postal money order to:
I Speak For God
123 Little Bit of Heaven Lane
Tiajuana, Mexico
- place the hot metal on an anvil and strike it four
time with a hammer, wiping the surface between
strokes with a bruch of rice stalks
- buy a dove from one of my dove franchises and
release when the forging is done (so it can fly
back to my franchee in order that he might sell it
to you again next time)
- return the metal to the hot coals where it should
remain until once again autum wheat colored
- repeat ALL of the above until the metal has the
shape and form desired
- when that is done, and before the metal turns
blood red, immerse it quickly in a bucket containing
Holy Oil (tm) ($29.95 per pint, now available "unscented"
- plus tax and S&H, available only from www.HolyOil.com
- a subsidiary of I Speak For God, LLC. Void where
prohibited by law, or where there are folks who have
discovered that used motor oil works just as well)
:
:

Assuming a god, and that he/she/it gave us a pretty
sophisticated brain - is it not reasonable that we use
it more often?

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

Maxwell Lol wrote:
Barry Lennox writes:

The same bible says my neighbour must die as I saw him picking up
sticks on a Sunday, So that's that, we know that cannot be
negotiated.

And don't forget Leviticus 19:19 - NIV --
" 'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

There are more, like women talking in church, marrying a woman who is
divorced, eating shellfish, wearing gold jewelry, exercise, charging
interest, cross-breeding, etc.

The difference is that the Biblical commandments are only binding upon the
Jews (and even then mostly subordinate to secular laws). Whereas Islam holds
that Koranic laws are binding upon everyone.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 9, 1:16 am, "
wrote:
[...]

Yup, cut 'em thick, a little 4-way rub, a handful of your favorite
smokewood (which puts back on topic -- any favorites?),
nothing more needed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

charlieb wrote:
"Religions" can serve a societal function.

WHOLE LOTTA SNIPPAGE GOIN ON

While religion may provide some social functions, it is my opinion that they
came about in the first place for two reasons. One is POWER and the second is
CONTROL. This has been true from the earliest cave man Shamans through todays
Pope. If you can explain the natural events that happen around you in a more
convincing way than another person, then you have the power. The more people
that you can convince, the more power and control you have.

Today, it seems like we have two factions fighting for control. On one side we
have the Christian religion, and on the other we have Islam. One example of
what the battle is about is that one side has the word of God saying simply
"Thou shalt not kill." If I remember correctly, that should actually translate
as "Thou shalt not MURDER." The you have the Muslims and their so-called
"prophet" saying that what God actually meant to say was "Thou shalt not murder
(except those people . . .and those people)." The war today is mainly between
the Judeo-Christian religions, and Islam. If Islam was to win this war, who do
you think would be next? Buddhism? Hindi? The true Infidels (that would be
atheism)?

I obviously have many problems with Islam. More so than other religions. Even
the way Islam came about in the first place. From what I have read and heard,
Mohammad was in his tent out in the desert or where ever. The descriptions that
I have heard and read sound exactly like he had a heart attack, and so he
probably started hallucinating. Probably happened more than once. When he
related his hallucinations to people, they started thinking that he was speaking
the word of God (or as it turns out, the word of the angel Gabriel). So he
takes this and runs with it. He saw that the Arab people were in need and
started thinking that with his new POWER he could start CONTROLling them. He
may have had the best intentions, but it didn't work out that way, did it?

It also seems to me that Muslim hate the Jews because they think the Jews killed
Jesus At least, that is one excuse. But now, they want to murder every single
Jew that breathes because of it. Interesting to me that they want to murder ALL
of Gods chosen people. Which would include Jesus if he has really returned as
some people seem to think.

One of the biggest problems I have with the Qurran itself is that there is no
context. The babbling of Mohammad are listed in order of their length. Not
even in a chronological sequence. Without context, you can make it say just
about anything that you want it to say. These Imam's and assholetollah's use it
to suit what they want.

Wayne

P.S. I also think we need to stop calling these bombers "suicide bombers".
They are not going out there to commit suicide. If that was the case someone
could start a business out in the desert selling bomb belts and renting booths.
"No waiting for booth #12." "Would that be grenades or C4?" No, these people
are going out to commit MURDER. They should be called murder bombers.

charlie b

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , NoOne N Particular wrote:

P.S. I also think we need to stop calling these bombers "suicide bombers".
They are not going out there to commit suicide. If that was the case someone
could start a business out in the desert selling bomb belts and renting booths.

"No waiting for booth #12." "Would that be grenades or C4?" No, these people
are going out to commit MURDER. They should be called murder bombers.

Fox News *does* refer to them as "homicide bombers".

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

Maxwell Lol wrote:
Barry Lennox writes:

The same bible says my neighbour must die as I saw him picking up
sticks on a Sunday, So that's that, we know that cannot be negotiated.

And don't forget Leviticus 19:19 - NIV --
" 'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

There are more, like women talking in church,

The 'talking' was a calling out to their husbands (seated on opposite
sides of the room) making it difficult, if not impossible, for any to
learn what was being taught. They were instructed, if you will read that
passage all the way through, to speak with their husbands privately. So,
let me ask you this ... why were they at the meeting to start with? To
learn or to yak?

marrying a woman who is
divorced,

The only place I recall that prohibition is in forbidding a man to
remarry his previous wife after she had married another man. There was a
scheme afoot where the woman would become 'the (temporary) wife' of
another man and the second man would pay money to the first man. Later,
the original husband would remarry her. Lather, rinse, repeat. In
effect, he was pimping her out. If the prohibition is mentioned
somewhere else, please provide a citation. In ALL circumstances,
remarriage is prohibited if the divorce was for any reason other than
adultery. But that limitation should not be understood as applying to
the woman only. The man is a gigged frog if he dumps his missus for
trivial reason, too.

eating shellfish,

I covered that yesterday. Read the 10th chapter of Acts. Slowly.

wearing gold jewelry,

Nope ... not forbidden. Ever. Peter warned against relying upon it as
adornment:
(1 Peter 3:1-6) 3 In like manner, YOU wives, be in subjection to YOUR
own husbands, in order that, if any are not obedient to the word, they
may be won without a word through the conduct of [their] wives,
2 because of having been eyewitnesses of YOUR chaste conduct together
with deep respect. 3 And do not let YOUR adornment be that of the
external braiding of the hair and of the putting on of gold ornaments or
the wearing of outer garments, 4 but let it be the secret person of the
heart in the incorruptible [apparel] of the quiet and mild spirit, which
is of great value in the eyes of God. 5 For so, too, formerly the holy
women who were hoping in God used to adorn themselves, subjecting
themselves to their own husbands, 6 as Sarah used to obey Abraham,
calling him “lord.” And YOU have become her children, provided YOU keep
on doing good and not fearing any cause for terror.

This is a portion of a counsel regarding attitude and conduct. To quote
it out of context is to automatically twist it. The qualities to be
valued were spiritual in nature, not the ability to secure a wealthy
husband who could procure the external trappings of prosperity.

exercise,
Nope, Paul warned against concentrating on physical strength to the
exclusion of spiritual strength. Here, with supporting scriptures, is a
fuller explanation of the Bible's view of such exertion:

Proper Use of One’s Body. The Christian should appreciate the body God
has given him and should love himself to the extent of caring properly
for his body so that he may be able to present it in acceptable, sacred
service to God. (Ro 12:1) This requires the use of reason and the
maintaining of the body with food and other necessities, as well as
physical cleanliness, but other types of care are even more important.
These involve spirituality, seeking God’s Kingdom and his righteousness,
and practicing moral uprightness. (Mt 6:25, 31-33; Col 2:20-23; 3:5) The
apostle counsels: “Bodily training is beneficial for a little; but godly
devotion is beneficial for all things, as it holds promise of the life
now and that which is to come.”—1Ti 4:8.

charging interest,
Nope. Interest was restricted in the case of a fellow Jew who needed
money for the necessities of life. Beyond that, interest less than usury
was permitted. This reply is getting long in the tooth already. If you
want scripture citations, just say so.

cross-breeding,

As shown below, the prohibition was against interbreeding "of two
sorts". That is, no matching up a camel with a bull, a chicken with a
goose and so on. To the best of my knowledge, only horses and asses can
breed like that and produce offspring, but even then, the offspring (a
mule) is sterile.
etc.

Makes sense to me. Here's another translation and a full quote (not the
cherry picking sort):

(Leviticus 19:19) 19 “‘YOU people should keep my statutes: You must not
interbreed your domestic animals of two sorts. You must not sow your
field with seeds of two sorts, and you must not put upon yourself a
garment of two sorts of thread, mixed together."

Let's see now, what sorts of thread did the Israelites have available?
Linen, wool .. cotton? (guessing here).

These all have different care requirements. Mixing them would have
resulted in a garment that couldn't have been kept clean and the hygiene
laws in Leviticus are a major part of the reason why the Israelites
prospered and became populous. Moreover such a garment, shrinking
unevenly, would be a poor design. Additionally, this can be seen as a
comparison to intermingling religions. Modern day 'interfaith' has a
LONG history of failure. It wasn't approved way back then and nothing in
the Bible has changed to show approval for it now.

The covenant of Moses was fulfilled in Jesus and, like a paid off
mortgage, set aside.

(Matthew 5:17-18) 17 “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the
Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill; 18 for truly I say to
YOU that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest
letter or one particle of a letter to pass away from the Law by any
means and not all things take place.

The Quran is not the problem. The Bible is not the problem. Ignorance is
the problem.

--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000755-0, 07/09/2007
Tested on: 7/9/2007 2:48:40 PM

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
BillinDetroit wrote:
Hmmm ... all those replies and no one knew enough to actually rebut
this clown?
It's all religious bull****, the biggest scam on the planet.
Lew

You are entitled to your opinion.

It's also divisive.

Really? Interesting. But who would you blame for that divisiveness?
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000755-0, 07/09/2007
Tested on: 7/9/2007 2:51:46 PM

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 8, 6:22 pm, "TH" wrote:
I find it amazing that some one believes that god is a food critic. I
applaud people who refrain from some activities as a personal means of
professing their faith or as a form of self sacrifice - much as I applaud
Kirsty Alley for loosing weight.. However I am revolted by "crazies" that
want god (or themselves) to smite you if you don't toe their lines. This
thinking went out in the 1500's in the civilized world.

Irony and absurdity quite escape some of these wingnuts- especially
their own absurdity.

Now when you see how tolerant the Muslims were who occupied parts
of Spain in the 15th century, well! Especially in contrast to the
Catholic
church of that time, and the islamist extremists of today.

Not to mention that only the current wingnuts allege that one becomes
a martyr by blowing him/her-self up. Perverted? Is this a phase
they're
going through?

Posted to rec.woodworking

A simple google search would tell you that Deuteronomy was a popular
steak house in the olden days.....they made a killing off that ad
campain....not even Jesus could get a reservation there.....(the
rumors that he tried to tip the maitre'd a $20 are blaphemous)

Posted to rec.woodworking

NoOne N Particular wrote:
(considerably more snippage going on)

Wayne

P.S. I also think we need to stop calling these bombers "suicide
bombers". They are not going out there to commit suicide. If that was
the case someone could start a business out in the desert selling bomb
belts and renting booths. "No waiting for booth #12." "Would that be
grenades or C4?" No, these people are going out to commit MURDER. They
should be called murder bombers.

Give 'em a break ... lacking F-15's, they're doing the best they can.

Ahem ... this is war. The object is to murder 'the enemy' (whoever the
people in power point at) and to demoralize them. They almost always
make at least a one for one exchange ... sometimes bumping the ratio to
40:1 or so. On 9/11, they were able to bump that to about 500:1 -and-
suck the US economy down. Oh ... and they used US jets to do it with,
too.* That's a pretty good battlefield return. If (when) they repeat
that performance on US soil, DHS is gonna have a whole lot of egg on its
face.

Bill

*Yes, I am totally ignoring the whole conspiracy thing. That has filled
enough thread space already.

--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000755-0, 07/09/2007
Tested on: 7/9/2007 3:39:01 PM

Posted to rec.woodworking

NoOne N Particular wrote:

Today, it seems like we have two factions fighting for control. On
one side we have the Christian religion, and on the other we have
Islam.

You're not even close. In the past (say few decades), Muslims have killed
many more of their fellow religionists than any inter-religion feuding.

Lybia vs Egypt
Lebanon vs Syria
Iraq vs Iran
Iraq vs Kuwait
Turkey vs Iraq
Sudan vs everybody
Somalia vs everybody
Iraq vs Iraq
Palestinians vs Palestinians

I'm not exaggerating: millions dead.

About the only Muslim country that hasn't been a war with somebody is
Minnesota.

Of the 50-odd countries that are predominately Muslim only TWO are nominal
democracies (Turky and Malaysia). The rest are Theocracies (Iran),
Monarchies (Jordan, Morocco), Oligarchies (Egypt), or out-and-out anarchies
(Somalia, Sudan).

The Holy Bible Dave UK diy 1 May 27th 07 11:32 PM
The Housebuilder's Bible lonestar UK diy 6 August 12th 06 10:47 AM
what is/are the BIBLE(S) for woodworkers ? Courtney Thomas Woodworking 4 June 24th 06 02:55 AM
the bible Bandsaw book Lost In Space/Woodchuck Woodworking 3 November 7th 05 08:21 PM
INSPIRATION - English Oak Bible Box J T Woodworking 8 December 25th 04 10:45 PM