Posted to rec.woodworking
NoOne N Particular NoOne N Particular is offline

Default Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

charlieb wrote:
"Religions" can serve a societal function.

WHOLE LOTTA SNIPPAGE GOIN ON

While religion may provide some social functions, it is my opinion that they
came about in the first place for two reasons. One is POWER and the second is
CONTROL. This has been true from the earliest cave man Shamans through todays
Pope. If you can explain the natural events that happen around you in a more
convincing way than another person, then you have the power. The more people
that you can convince, the more power and control you have.

Today, it seems like we have two factions fighting for control. On one side we
have the Christian religion, and on the other we have Islam. One example of
what the battle is about is that one side has the word of God saying simply
"Thou shalt not kill." If I remember correctly, that should actually translate
as "Thou shalt not MURDER." The you have the Muslims and their so-called
"prophet" saying that what God actually meant to say was "Thou shalt not murder
(except those people . . .and those people)." The war today is mainly between
the Judeo-Christian religions, and Islam. If Islam was to win this war, who do
you think would be next? Buddhism? Hindi? The true Infidels (that would be
atheism)?

I obviously have many problems with Islam. More so than other religions. Even
the way Islam came about in the first place. From what I have read and heard,
Mohammad was in his tent out in the desert or where ever. The descriptions that
I have heard and read sound exactly like he had a heart attack, and so he
probably started hallucinating. Probably happened more than once. When he
related his hallucinations to people, they started thinking that he was speaking
the word of God (or as it turns out, the word of the angel Gabriel). So he
takes this and runs with it. He saw that the Arab people were in need and
started thinking that with his new POWER he could start CONTROLling them. He
may have had the best intentions, but it didn't work out that way, did it?

It also seems to me that Muslim hate the Jews because they think the Jews killed
Jesus At least, that is one excuse. But now, they want to murder every single
Jew that breathes because of it. Interesting to me that they want to murder ALL
of Gods chosen people. Which would include Jesus if he has really returned as
some people seem to think.

One of the biggest problems I have with the Qurran itself is that there is no
context. The babbling of Mohammad are listed in order of their length. Not
even in a chronological sequence. Without context, you can make it say just
about anything that you want it to say. These Imam's and assholetollah's use it
to suit what they want.

Wayne

P.S. I also think we need to stop calling these bombers "suicide bombers".
They are not going out there to commit suicide. If that was the case someone
could start a business out in the desert selling bomb belts and renting booths.
"No waiting for booth #12." "Would that be grenades or C4?" No, these people
are going out to commit MURDER. They should be called murder bombers.

charlie b