J T

Default INSPIRATION - English Oak Bible Box

http://colonialarts.com/catalog_artwork/furn4.htm

I'm not clear on whether you'd have to be English to make a copy,
speak English, have to use oak from England, get special dispensation to
make it from any wood other than oak, or what. And, I'm not even going
to mention making one to hold anything other than a Bible. LMAO

But, if I run across some decent wood, I may see about making one
for a friend of mine, who's pastor of a local church - as hard as that
may be for some of you to believe. I think NC grown hickory would be
rather nice.

JOAT
WYGIWYGAINGW:
What You Get Is What You're Given And It's No Good Whining.

AAvK

JOAT
WYGIWYGAINGW:
What You Get Is What You're Given And It's No Good Whining.

JOAT have you ever seen this?: http://www.e-sword.net/ try it, you won't need the box.

Alex

J T

Thu, Dec 23, 2004, 8:22pm (EST-3) (AAvK) asks:
JOAT have you ever seen this?:
http://www.e-sword.net/ try it, you won't
need the box.

I prefer the box.

Religious truth. Now that reminds me of "military intelligence",
"jumbo shrimp", and so on.

JOAT
WYGIWYGAINGW:
What You Get Is What You're Given And It's No Good Whining.

foggytown

Wish there was a pic of inside so we could see the lock mechanism.
That might clinch it.

FoggyTown

Andy Dingley

On 24 Dec 2004 07:57:58 -0800, "foggytown" wrote:

Wish there was a pic of inside so we could see the lock mechanism.
That might clinch it.

I doubt it. Bible boxes are common, original locks are impossibly
rare. Most of the ones I see have obvious signs of two or three
locks, and many of them were originally unlocked, as you can tell from
the carving.