Posted to rec.woodworking
Courtney Thomas

Default what is/are the BIBLE(S) for woodworkers ?

Thank you,
C.Thomas
Posted to rec.woodworking
Hambone Slim

"Courtney Thomas" wrote...
Thank you,

For me it was The Dry Fly in Fast Water, Walden, and The Tao Te Ching.

--
Timothy Juvenal
www.rude-tone.com/work.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:56:53 GMT, Courtney Thomas
wrote:

Thank you,
C.Thomas

Personal Observations:

Ernest Joyce (1970). Encyclopedia of Furniture Making. Revised and
expanded by Alan Peters (1987). Sterling Publishing. ISBN
0-8069-6440-5 (Original edition), ISBN 0-8069-7142-8 (Paperback)

John L. Feirer (1988). Cabinetmaking and Millwork, Fifth Edition.
Glencoe Publishing Company. ISBN 0-02-675950-0

Any book by Krenov.

Any book by Frid.

Any book by Odate.

The wood related books by Sloane.

The reprints of Palladio.

The Nature and Art of Workmanship; Pye.

Aesthetics; Aristotle.

Sein und Zeit; Heidegger.

The Foxfire Series.

Any Sears catalog before 1950.

Certain episodes of "Upstairs Downstairs".

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking
Lyndell Thompson

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
news
Thank you,
C.Thomas

Any book by Patrick Spielman. He will show you the fancy way, then turn
around and show you how to do it with a shop built jig. I have his router
book and use it as a reference anytime I can't figure out a way to do
something.
Good luck Lyndell

Posted to rec.woodworking
Zz Yzx

"Understanding Wood" by Hoadley

"The Fundamentals of Fine Woodwroking" by Ferencsik w/ Neptune.

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:56:53 GMT, Courtney Thomas
wrote:

Thank you,
C.Thomas