Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

On Jul 8, 7:25 am, wrote:
Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

Both the Bible and Qur'an prohibit the eating of pork. Muslims are
aware of this prohibition and observe it strictly. However, most
readers of the Bible say they do not know where they can find this in
the Bible. In the book of Leviticus, Chapter 11, v. 7, it is recorded
that God declares the pig to be unclean for believers. Then, in verse
8, God says: 'You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses;
they are unclean for you'. This command is repeated in Deuteronomy
14;7-8. Then, in Isaiah 65:2-4, and 66:17, God issues a stern warning
against those who eat pork.

(snip overlabored and boring rest of message)

God, Satan, Paradise, and Hell all vanished one day in my fifteenth
year, when I quite abruptly lost my faith. [...]and afterwards, to
prove
my new-found atheism, I bought myself a rather tasteless ham
sandwich,
and so partook for the first time of the forbidden flesh of the swine.
No
thunderbolt arrived to strike me down. [...] From that day to this I
have
thought of myself as a wholly secular person.

-- Salman Rushdie, In God We Trust, 1985