Thomas Mitchell

Default Link Belt Success

Ok.. I've thought about it enough. What is the Delta CS that uses a
belt? I can only think of a few things that run on belts: Drill Press,
Table Saw, ok only two things...

Ramsey wrote:
That is the FIRST alteration or customizing we need to try on our
machines. It is incredible .

On 14 Aug 2003 10:07:43 -0700, (Dave) wrote:

After reading many reviews on the wreck, I finally installed a link
belt (red) on my Delta CS. Even though I considered my saw well
tuned, it still vibrated a bit, especially with the blade all the way
up. After installing the link belt, vibration = 95% gone. Purrrrrrrs
like a kitten. Thanks to all who recommended this product.

Dave

Ramsey

Drill press, shapers, band saws, jointers,table saws, compressors
(air), fans, etc. There are a lot of items that deserve a link belt. I
have them on all my belt driven machines.

Ramsey wrote:
That is the FIRST alteration or customizing we need to try on our
machines. It is incredible .

On 14 Aug 2003 10:07:43 -0700, (Dave) wrote:

After reading many reviews on the wreck, I finally installed a link
belt (red) on my Delta CS. Even though I considered my saw well
tuned, it still vibrated a bit, especially with the blade all the way
up. After installing the link belt, vibration = 95% gone. Purrrrrrrs
like a kitten. Thanks to all who recommended this product.

Dave

Silvan

Thomas Mitchell wrote:

I had thought of chain saw, but figured no one would try to use link
belt on the chain saw. Cabinet saw works as well. In any case maybe we
could assume some form of table saw. Sort of disappoints me. I thought
maybe there was another tool that I didn't know about that I could buy.

I'll sell you a power spummy for $49.95.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 17203 Approximate word count: 516090

Bri

Just installed one today on my Delta CS.
Definitely less vibration BUT I find the whirring of the belt a bit
noisier.
Also just installed a zero-clearance insert and the blade rubs
slightly against the insert making even more noise. have raised and
lowered the blade several times is the contact is still there.
Is all this noise going to go away eventually?

(Dave) wrote in message om...
After reading many reviews on the wreck, I finally installed a link
belt (red) on my Delta CS. Even though I considered my saw well
tuned, it still vibrated a bit, especially with the blade all the way
up. After installing the link belt, vibration = 95% gone. Purrrrrrrs
like a kitten. Thanks to all who recommended this product.

Dave

David Binkowski

You could always just reduce the amount of blade contact by filing
or sanding another few thou off the insert so the blade isn't rubbing
it constantly.

So I installed it on Linux...
"Bri" wrote in message
om...
Just installed one today on my Delta CS.
Definitely less vibration BUT I find the whirring of the belt a bit
noisier.
Also just installed a zero-clearance insert and the blade rubs
slightly against the insert making even more noise. have raised and
lowered the blade several times is the contact is still there.
Is all this noise going to go away eventually?

(Dave) wrote in message

om...
After reading many reviews on the wreck, I finally installed a link
belt (red) on my Delta CS. Even though I considered my saw well
tuned, it still vibrated a bit, especially with the blade all the way
up. After installing the link belt, vibration = 95% gone. Purrrrrrrs
like a kitten. Thanks to all who recommended this product.

Dave

David Binkowski

Your cabinet saw uses a V-groove pulley ? Don't most use those
flat, wider belts?

Incidentally, I'm a huge shill for link belts. A link belt was the first
and last fix for my drill press (reduced vibration dramatically). Its
kind of like a car that shudders or shimmies when you drive it. How
long can you put up with that when you know all you have to do is
replace a warped tire. Most of the time its the most bang for the
buck you can get when you're looking to reduce vibration.

If *I* was a tool maker, I sure wouldn't want someone's perception
of a tool I designed to be that of a wobbly, substandard contraption.
Not over a few cents worth of polyurethane elastomer / polyester...
They should include segmented belts as standard equipment with
any induction tool.

So I installed it on Linux...
m...