David Binkowski

Default Link Belt Success

Your cabinet saw uses a V-groove pulley ? Don't most use those
flat, wider belts?

Incidentally, I'm a huge shill for link belts. A link belt was the first
and last fix for my drill press (reduced vibration dramatically). Its
kind of like a car that shudders or shimmies when you drive it. How
long can you put up with that when you know all you have to do is
replace a warped tire. Most of the time its the most bang for the
buck you can get when you're looking to reduce vibration.

If *I* was a tool maker, I sure wouldn't want someone's perception
of a tool I designed to be that of a wobbly, substandard contraption.
Not over a few cents worth of polyurethane elastomer / polyester...
They should include segmented belts as standard equipment with
any induction tool.

So I installed it on Linux...
"Dave" wrote in message
m...
After reading many reviews on the wreck, I finally installed a link
belt (red) on my Delta CS. Even though I considered my saw well
tuned, it still vibrated a bit, especially with the blade all the way
up. After installing the link belt, vibration = 95% gone. Purrrrrrrs
like a kitten. Thanks to all who recommended this product.

Dave