Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drawer slides

I have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out
shelves in. I'm looking for a full extension, center mount drawer slide
to use. I really would prefer to not have the slides mounted on the side
of the shelf. The slide out shelf would be mounted on the existing fixed
shelf which extends behind the door opening. The center mount slide
would have to be heavy duty (for canned goods) and I guess I could use
two slides per shelf if necessary. In checking most online catalogs I
could only find 3/4 extension slides in the 25 pound capacity range.
Thanks for any help!

Tom
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Anon Ymous" wrote in message
I have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out shelves
in. I'm looking for a full extension, center mount drawer slide to use. I
really would prefer to not have the slides mounted on the side of the
shelf. The slide out shelf would be mounted on the existing fixed shelf
which extends behind the door opening. The center mount slide would have to
be heavy duty (for canned goods) and I guess I could use two slides per
shelf if necessary. In checking most online catalogs I could only find 3/4
extension slides in the 25 pound capacity range. Thanks for any help!

A 24" shelf loaded with canned good is a pretty hefty load. I can
understand why they'd not make them. I'd surely want two slides for the
weight and leverage encountered. How would you mount the slides? Load up a
24" long board with canned goods and try to hold it by a single rail
extending from the bottom by 24"and see how much force is required.
Personally, I'd look at the side mounts.

Posted to rec.woodworking

What you need to look for is a pantry slide not a drawer slide.
http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_ID=67 scroll down a little for
some cheaper ones. --dave

"Anon Ymous" wrote in message
I have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out shelves
in. I'm looking for a full extension, center mount drawer slide to use. I
really would prefer to not have the slides mounted on the side of the
shelf. The slide out shelf would be mounted on the existing fixed shelf
which extends behind the door opening. The center mount slide would have to
be heavy duty (for canned goods) and I guess I could use two slides per
shelf if necessary. In checking most online catalogs I could only find 3/4
extension slides in the 25 pound capacity range. Thanks for any help!

Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Anon Ymous" wrote in message
I have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out shelves
in. I'm looking for a full extension, center mount drawer slide to use. I
really would prefer to not have the slides mounted on the side of the
shelf. The slide out shelf would be mounted on the existing fixed shelf
which extends behind the door opening. The center mount slide would have to
be heavy duty (for canned goods) and I guess I could use two slides per
shelf if necessary. In checking most online catalogs I could only find 3/4
extension slides in the 25 pound capacity range. Thanks for any help!

Tom

Think about what you are asking the slide to do and the weigh they will
carry. Then reconsider full extension slides that mount on the sides and
vertically.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Herron" wrote in message
This link has 23", full extension, center mount, 75lb capacity

http://www.cabinetparts.com/shop_200...932&SID=search

Or, he could go with a heavy duty unit.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...722,43743&ap=1

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.accuride.com/products/woo...c=heavyduty_wa

These folks make slides for "any" application.

You might want to consider a "pantry slide" which is a misnomer
since it's really a great big arrangement meant to handle the
loads that a pantry might see...

http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/Gr...ntry%20Systems

or

http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/Gr...%2DOut%20Units

Look for "pantry rollout".......

Anon Ymous wrote:

I have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out
shelves in. I'm looking for a full extension, center mount drawer slide
to use. I really would prefer to not have the slides mounted on the side
of the shelf.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks, guys! A lot of good info and helpful links, some of which I
missed during my search.

Anon Ymous wrote:
I have a 24" deep pantry closet that I'd like to install slide out
shelves in. I'm looking for a full extension, center mount drawer slide
to use. I really would prefer to not have the slides mounted on the side
of the shelf. The slide out shelf would be mounted on the existing fixed
shelf which extends behind the door opening. The center mount slide
would have to be heavy duty (for canned goods) and I guess I could use
two slides per shelf if necessary. In checking most online catalogs I
could only find 3/4 extension slides in the 25 pound capacity range.
Thanks for any help!

Tom

Installing Drawer slides? Xeno Chauvin Home Repair 9 May 5th 06 11:45 AM
drawer slides Tom Friar Woodworking 7 April 9th 06 10:07 AM
Drawer slides skulde13 Home Repair 3 January 12th 06 03:30 PM
Drawer slides [email protected] Woodworking 24 January 9th 06 05:10 PM
Drawer Slides bole2cant Woodworking 11 February 28th 04 08:01 PM