Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Friar

Default drawer slides

Hi, just wondered if anyone could help me out. I'm making a desk for my
computer. I want to make a slide-out shelf for the keyboard that locks in
place at it's maximum extension. Does anyone know what sort of drawer
sliders id need and where I could get some?

Cheers

Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV

http://tinyurl.com/nnrr8

Posted to rec.woodworking
Gooey TARBALLS

Cheapest approach would be to purchase a ready-made unit at Office Max or
similar.
Several of the Woodworking suppliers have them as a specialty item -
accordingly-priced.

"Tom Friar" wrote in message
Hi, just wondered if anyone could help me out. I'm making a desk for my
computer. I want to make a slide-out shelf for the keyboard that locks in
place at it's maximum extension. Does anyone know what sort of drawer
sliders id need and where I could get some?

Cheers

Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

"Peter Huebner" wrote in message
Hi, just wondered if anyone could help me out. I'm making a desk for my
computer. I want to make a slide-out shelf for the keyboard that locks

in
place at it's maximum extension. Does anyone know what sort of drawer
sliders id need and where I could get some?

I'm sure you can find smaller locking slides available, but for a start,
these ones have a locking feature.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,43597,43601

Posted to rec.woodworking
JeffB

These standard kitchen slides have a detent at their full extension - even
though the catalog description doesn't mention that tidbit. Drop an email to
your favorite supplier and ask...

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43616&ap=1
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email

Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob

If you are interested in optimum keyboard ergnometics, I highly
recommend the humanscale keyboard arm. Its got a combined height and
tilt mechanism that is adjusted by simply grabbing the keyboard and
moving it. The whole thing slides up under the desk to completely
disappear. My wife and I share a desk. She is 5'1" and I am 5'11".
This arm allows us to set the keyboard for our own fit without having
to mess with a bunch of screw type locking mechnisms.

The ergonmetics is far superior to any kind of sliding drawer mechanism
and helps with preventing carpal tunnel syndrome. It bolts under any
desktop with six screws.

http://www.ergodirect.com/product_in...ducts_id/13641

Bob

Drawer slides skulde13 Home Repair 3 January 12th 06 04:30 PM
Drawer slides [email protected] Woodworking 24 January 9th 06 06:10 PM
drawers leonard Woodworking 11 June 20th 05 06:14 PM
Replacement plastic drawer slides needed Timothy Lee Woodworking 7 July 16th 04 05:54 AM
Oak end table drawer - wooden slides and M&T questions (Long) Repostdue to crazy ISP/net problem Bay Area Dave Woodworking 11 December 5th 03 03:01 AM