DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   drawer slides (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/152464-drawer-slides.html)

Tom Friar April 7th 06 05:44 PM

drawer slides

Hi, just wondered if anyone could help me out. I'm making a desk for my
computer. I want to make a slide-out shelf for the keyboard that locks in
place at it's maximum extension. Does anyone know what sort of drawer
sliders id need and where I could get some?

Cheers

RayV April 7th 06 06:19 PM

drawer slides

http://tinyurl.com/nnrr8

Gooey TARBALLS April 7th 06 09:22 PM

drawer slides

Cheapest approach would be to purchase a ready-made unit at Office Max or
similar.
Several of the Woodworking suppliers have them as a specialty item -
accordingly-priced.

Peter Huebner April 8th 06 12:12 AM

drawer slides

In article ,
says...
Hi, just wondered if anyone could help me out. I'm making a desk for my
computer. I want to make a slide-out shelf for the keyboard that locks in
place at it's maximum extension. Does anyone know what sort of drawer
sliders id need and where I could get some?

Cheers

You could combine a common or garden drawer slide with a ball catch, mounted at
the rear of the shelf. Or, if not quite THAT much locking is required, a
magnetic catch.

-P.

Upscale April 8th 06 12:47 AM

drawer slides

"Peter Huebner" wrote in message
Hi, just wondered if anyone could help me out. I'm making a desk for my
computer. I want to make a slide-out shelf for the keyboard that locks

in
place at it's maximum extension. Does anyone know what sort of drawer
sliders id need and where I could get some?

I'm sure you can find smaller locking slides available, but for a start,
these ones have a locking feature.
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,43597,43601

JeffB April 8th 06 05:52 AM

drawer slides

These standard kitchen slides have a detent at their full extension - even
though the catalog description doesn't mention that tidbit. Drop an email to
your favorite supplier and ask...

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...614,43616&ap=1
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email

Bob April 9th 06 10:07 AM

drawer slides

If you are interested in optimum keyboard ergnometics, I highly
recommend the humanscale keyboard arm. Its got a combined height and
tilt mechanism that is adjusted by simply grabbing the keyboard and
moving it. The whole thing slides up under the desk to completely
disappear. My wife and I share a desk. She is 5'1" and I am 5'11".
This arm allows us to set the keyboard for our own fit without having
to mess with a bunch of screw type locking mechnisms.

The ergonmetics is far superior to any kind of sliding drawer mechanism
and helps with preventing carpal tunnel syndrome. It bolts under any
desktop with six screws.

http://www.ergodirect.com/product_in...ducts_id/13641

Bob