Traves W. Coppock

Default Bob Hope

A Gentile, and great man has fallen.

Thank YOU for the memories Bob. . .
you'll be missed by many

Traves
Unisaw A100

Traves W. Coppock wrote:
A Gentile...

Hey Travis, you a regwar Bah Hope.

UA100
dteckie

What can you say about an American Icon and it's best citizen. He
sacrificed his Holidays to enterain the troops (he was actually afraid
of flying but did it for the GI's). Married to one Woman all his life
and adopted 4 children. Brought laughter to many . Although I never
had a chance to see him in Nam, but saw his show on film and for
awhile forgot about where I was.
Thanks for the Memories Bob.
Hopefully you are on the back 9 with your buddy Bing.
I agree he should be buried in Arligton and a monument should be
erected for him somewhere special.

Traves W. Coppock wrote in message . ..
A Gentile, and great man has fallen.

Thank YOU for the memories Bob. . .
you'll be missed by many

Traves

Detector

"Trent©" wrote in message
Please remember Bob in your prayers.

No doubt...this country is gonna miss him.

Thanks for the memories, Bob!

He has been dead for awhile.
why did they wait so long to announce his death.

must have been his 100th B-day party.

why wasn't he at his own party?

something is fishy,
this happened when George Burns passed away also.

Makes you wonder!

Bob Schmall

"Detector" wrote in message

"Trent©" wrote in message
Please remember Bob in your prayers.

No doubt...this country is gonna miss him.

Thanks for the memories, Bob!

He has been dead for awhile.
why did they wait so long to announce his death.

must have been his 100th B-day party.

why wasn't he at his own party?

something is fishy,
this happened when George Burns passed away also.

Makes you wonder!

I blame the Eastern liberal media establishment.

And Clinton.

Definitely Clinton.

Seriously, a couple of sources have pointed out Hope's failings as a human
being, including Groucho Marx's son Arthur. As great as Hope was, may he
resist iconization. His legacy will survive the hype as did Mark Twain's,
leaving us with the memory of a hugely talented and imperfect man. His
greatest legacy will be as a very visible symbol of a country that cares for
those who make sacrifices.

Bob

Scott Cramer

On 29 Jul 2003, Jim Mc Namara spake unto rec.woodworking:

:-(

Jums

Bob Hope's wife once asked him: "Bob, where do you want to be buried when
you die?"

His reply: "Surprise me."

A very funny guy, he will be missed.
Jim Mc Namara

"Scott Cramer" wrote in message:
Bob Hope's wife once asked him: "Bob, where do you want to be buried when
you die?"

His reply: "Surprise me."

A very funny guy, he will be missed.

Yeah - unlike my dad who died at an early (61) age. All 5 of us kids were
gathered around him in intensive care (leukemia) and he whispered to me: "I
want to be cremated - mixed with Massengill - and run through one more
time." Hard to smile and cry at the same time.

Jums

Mike O.

"Detector" wrote in message

"Trent©" wrote in message
Please remember Bob in your prayers.

No doubt...this country is gonna miss him.

Thanks for the memories, Bob!

He has been dead for awhile.
why did they wait so long to announce his death.

[..stuff snipped...]

I believe he passed away Sunday evening, 7/27. They announced it the next
day...

"Joe" wrote:

He has done so much for us former GI's by making us laugh when we were down
and scared. I saw him in Korea and Thule Greenland. I think he should be
buried in Arlington as an honorary GI.

I thought the same but would Arlington have room for his kids and
Deloris? I don't think he or they would want to be without each
other.

I will miss him. The man had class and all those trips had to add a
lot of danger to his life. I didn't now he was awarded being an
honorary veteran or something like that. Very appropriate.

Thanks for the memories,

Wes

--
Reply to:
Lycos address is a spam trap.

"Jim Mc Namara" wrote:

"Scott Cramer" wrote in message:
Bob Hope's wife once asked him: "Bob, where do you want to be buried when
you die?"

His reply: "Surprise me."

A very funny guy, he will be missed.

Yeah - unlike my dad who died at an early (61) age. All 5 of us kids were
gathered around him in intensive care (leukemia) and he whispered to me: "I
want to be cremated - mixed with Massengill - and run through one more
time." Hard to smile and cry at the same time.

Jums

Wipin' the laughter tears out of my eyes...

I'd have liked to met him. Sounds like he was quite a card. Your
family was there for him and he was still there for you trying to ease
the pain.

Wes
--
Reply to:
Lycos address is a spam trap.
Desert Traveler

"Scott Cramer" wrote in message
7.53...
On 29 Jul 2003, Jim Mc Namara spake unto rec.woodworking:

:-(

Jums

Bob Hope's wife once asked him: "Bob, where do you want to be buried when
you die?"

His reply: "Surprise me."

A very funny guy, he will be missed.

OR W.C. Fields:

Ahhhhh, yesss. Buried my wife last spring.

Had to. She died.

Jim Mc Namara

"Desert Traveler" wrote in message;
OR W.C. Fields:

Ahhhhh, yesss. Buried my wife last spring.

Had to. She died.

And the follow of the interview:

"Did she have any distinguishing marks?"

W.C.: "Yes - she had sideburns!"

Loved that soliloquy.

Jums

TexasFireGuy

I got in trouble for commentin on a fire related death not too long ago. A
reporter I know asked me if I knew how the fire started and I told him "The
woman was smoking in bed.....at least she was when I got to her." He
thought it was funny and shared it with someone who didn't. I got a new
letter in my file out of the deal. Oh well. I'll just add it to the
growing collection.

"Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT" wrote in message
Tue, Jul 29, 2003, 1:49pm (EDT-3)
(Desert Traveler) says:
OR W.C. Fields:
Ahhhhh, yesss. Buried my wife last spring.
Had to. She died.

Reminds me of Lilith Weatherwas. She had buried three husbands,
and at least two of them had been already dead.

JOAT
Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put
off until, let's say, next year.
- Lady Myria LeJean.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...All/page4.html

Simple problem with basin waste (I hope) Robert Chafer UK diy 2 February 14th 04 05:34 AM
History of Machine Tools Errol Groff Metalworking 141 November 8th 03 07:32 PM
Revenge (I hope) Frisket UK diy 18 August 3rd 03 03:12 PM
Another toolkit question Andrew McKay UK diy 32 July 15th 03 12:15 AM