Frisket

Default Revenge (I hope)

Hi all, just had to share. Couple of times in the last few months my van has
been broken into on the drive. 1st time the buggers got away with my power
tools. Since then I've emptied it every night (ball ache). Over the weekend
they broke in again - despite the alarm going off. Only thing they took was
a bottle of Lucozade. I do hope they enjoyed it - being on the road quite a
bit and there not being too many public toilets these days I do the same as
many van drivers and re-use the empties. He-he! Oh and it's not OT as I
definitely did-it-myself. Richard.

Ophelia

"Frisket" wrote in message
Hi all, just had to share. Couple of times in the last few months my van

has
been broken into on the drive. 1st time the buggers got away with my power
tools. Since then I've emptied it every night (ball ache). Over the

weekend
they broke in again - despite the alarm going off. Only thing they took

was
a bottle of Lucozade. I do hope they enjoyed it - being on the road quite

bit and there not being too many public toilets these days I do the same

as
many van drivers and re-use the empties. He-he! Oh and it's not OT as I
definitely did-it-myself. Richard.

LOL.. heyyyyyyyyyyyy poetic justice.. I hope

Ophelia

Andrew McKay

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:21:37 +0100, "Frisket"
wrote:

Hi all, just had to share. Couple of times in the last few months my van has
been broken into on the drive. 1st time the buggers got away with my power
tools. Since then I've emptied it every night (ball ache). Over the weekend
they broke in again - despite the alarm going off. Only thing they took was
a bottle of Lucozade. I do hope they enjoyed it - being on the road quite a
bit and there not being too many public toilets these days I do the same as
many van drivers and re-use the empties. He-he! Oh and it's not OT as I
definitely did-it-myself. Richard.

I can see you getting another visit real soon if they decide to have
some lucozade

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk
Ophelia

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

wrote:

Hi all, just had to share. Couple of times in the last few months my

van has
been broken into on the drive. 1st time the buggers got away with my

power
tools. Since then I've emptied it every night (ball ache). Over the

weekend
they broke in again - despite the alarm going off. Only thing they took

was
a bottle of Lucozade. I do hope they enjoyed it - being on the road

quite a
bit and there not being too many public toilets these days I do the

same as
many van drivers and re-use the empties. He-he! Oh and it's not OT as I
definitely did-it-myself. Richard.

I can see you getting another visit real soon if they decide to have
some lucozade

Should have left a bottle of Coke laced with laxative...

LOLOL

Ophelia

Nick Read

"Frisket" wrote in message
Hi all, just had to share. Couple of times in the last few months my van

has
been broken into on the drive. 1st time the buggers got away with my power
tools. Since then I've emptied it every night (ball ache). Over the

weekend
they broke in again - despite the alarm going off. Only thing they took

was
a bottle of Lucozade. I do hope they enjoyed it - being on the road quite

bit and there not being too many public toilets these days I do the same

as
many van drivers and re-use the empties. He-he! Oh and it's not OT as I
definitely did-it-myself. Richard.

I got similar revenge when someone broke into our garden shed and stole a
large box of dud lightbulbs. I won't go into why we had kept a box a
non-working lightbulbs in the first place (long story), but I would love to
have been a fly on the wall when the thief got home and tested them all, one
by one :-)

Nick

JonBoy

"Frisket" wrote in
:

Hi all, just had to share. Couple of times in the last few
months my van has been broken into on the drive. 1st time the
buggers got away with my power tools. Since then I've emptied it
every night (ball ache). Over the weekend they broke in again -
despite the alarm going off. Only thing they took was a bottle
of Lucozade. I do hope they enjoyed it - being on the road
quite a bit and there not being too many public toilets these
days I do the same as many van drivers and re-use the empties.
He-he! Oh and it's not OT as I definitely did-it-myself.
Richard.

They weren't real thieves then, just taking the p*ss.
;-)
NickW

Excellent thread :-)

At least you didn't do what that scottish guy did off the telly last
night - rig up a sawn off shotgun booby trap...

Nick.
tony sayer

In article , BillR
writes
NickW wrote:
Excellent thread :-)

At least you didn't do what that scottish guy did off the telly last
night - rig up a sawn off shotgun booby trap...

Nick.

Next door had some scroat trying to nick mountain bike from shed.
There was one bark from large but otherwise useless dog, and the scroat ran
through hedge which is a thick blackthorn with wicked spikes that can pierce
wellingtons.
He must have been cut to ribbons. :-)
The hedge is entirely legal according to police.

Well that makes a change then!...

A small step in the right direction giving some rights back to law
abiding people..
--
Tony Sayer

parish

tony sayer wrote:

In article , BillR
writes
NickW wrote:
Excellent thread :-)

At least you didn't do what that scottish guy did off the telly last
night - rig up a sawn off shotgun booby trap...

Nick.

Next door had some scroat trying to nick mountain bike from shed.
There was one bark from large but otherwise useless dog, and the scroat ran
through hedge which is a thick blackthorn with wicked spikes that can pierce
wellingtons.
He must have been cut to ribbons. :-)
The hedge is entirely legal according to police.

Well that makes a change then!...

A small step in the right direction giving some rights back to law
abiding people..

I bet it wouldn't stop one of those Personal Injury firms that are
always advertising on TV having a go for damages though :-(

IANAL, but AIUI the Police are only concerned with *criminal* law; civil
liability is another thing. Cases like OJ Simpson in the US can, and
have, happened here as well.

Bob Eager

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:30:38 UTC, Dave wrote:

Just to return to the thread a mo' - a lucozade bottle has a mighty small top
:-)

And think of the danger of (say) a woman in a short skirt walking past
while it's in use...

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

Chris

wrote:

a bottle of Lucozade. I do hope they enjoyed it - being on the road quite a
bit and there not being too many public toilets these days I do the same as
many van drivers and re-use the empties. He-he! Oh and it's not OT as I
definitely did-it-myself. Richard.

One thought that worries me is if you are out on the road and decide
on a quick swig without looking.....

Andrew

Would it be possible to rig a retired power tool so that when it was
switched on would cause a minor/major shock... :-)
Frisket

wrote:

Would it be possible to rig a retired power tool so that when it was
switched on would cause a minor/major shock... :-)

Thought about it - I've got an old 1000v Megger but decided with my luck the
light fingered toe rags would probably have a heart attack (or bump their
head on the door-frame) and I'd finish up in court paying them compo.
Richard.

comfortable

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
: On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:11:16 +0100, Chris wrote:
:
: Would it be possible to rig a retired power tool so that when it was
: switched on would cause a minor/major shock... :-)
:
: You must have seen the news stories in recent days about the convicted
: drug dealer cum Tony Martin mobile shotgun target? Said convict is
: considering screwing Tony Martin for 15K as a result of his sex life
: being impaired after Martin shot him. And this would be using legal
: aid.
:
: Pity Martin didn't complete the job.
:
: Andrew
:

Let's hope his sex life's impaired enough to stop the scrote from
procreating!

Brad.

---

Andrew McKay

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 02:00:30 +0100, "comfortable"
wrote:

Let's hope his sex life's impaired enough to stop the scrote from
procreating!

I was thinking that if he is physically impaired to the extent that he
couldn't perform then he should never have been sent to prison in the
first place - a free lifetime subscription to Playboy magazine would
have been a very fitting sentence!

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk
Chris

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:47:49 +0100, Andrew McKay
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:11:16 +0100, Chris wrote:

Would it be possible to rig a retired power tool so that when it was
switched on would cause a minor/major shock... :-)

You must have seen the news stories in recent days about the convicted
drug dealer cum Tony Martin mobile shotgun target? Said convict is
considering screwing Tony Martin for 15K as a result of his sex life
being impaired after Martin shot him. And this would be using legal
aid.

Pity Martin didn't complete the job.

Andrew

Yes I watched the program and agree that Martin only did half of the
job.
But if I left a dangerous power tool in my shed I would love for
someone to illegally remove it from my premises and then when he came
to use it got badly hurt I wonder if he would try and claim
compensation from me now that would be really really funny. ==:-)

Gnube

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:54:48 +0100, Chris wrote:

Yes I watched the program and agree that Martin only did half of the
job.
But if I left a dangerous power tool in my shed I would love for
someone to illegally remove it from my premises and then when he came
to use it got badly hurt I wonder if he would try and claim
compensation from me now that would be really really funny. ==:-)

Sounds great at first:

Trouble is I have a feeling they'd be more likely to sell it than use
it; and possibly ask enough to make it look legit as a secondhand
purchase to some poor devil who knows no better.

The consequences of that could be just awful in so many ways.

What price THAT justice?

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}
Terry

Andrew McKay wrote:
One thought that worries me is if you are out on the road and decide
on a quick swig without looking.....

Each to his own!
Gnube

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:12:00 GMT, Richard Caley MY_FIRST_NAME @
MY_LAST_NAME.org.uk wrote:

In article , donotspam (d) writes:

d Trouble is I have a feeling they'd be more likely to sell it than use
d it; and possibly ask enough to make it look legit as a secondhand
d purchase to some poor devil who knows no better.

Evolution in action?

You think it's a good idea to eradicate those who buy second hand
goods? Takes all sorts I guess! ;o)

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}
Richard Caley

In article , donotspam (d) writes:

d You think it's a good idea to eradicate those who buy second hand
d goods?

Only after I have sold all my junk to them:-).

However, I really meant more that someone who would buy a piece of
dangerous equipment and use it without having it checked out by
someone with a clue is on the point of eliminating themselves from the
gene pool, to the benefit of the human race in the future.

These are the people driving around in cut-and-shut cars with faulty
brakes. Think about that next time you are on the motorway, but not if
you tend to freeze in the face of terror:-).

--
Mail me as _O_