Posted to rec.woodworking
mew mew is offline

Default Delta 422L discontinued

Howdy. I had the Delta 422L on order at woodworker supply and they
called today saying that Delta had discontinued it. They are offering
the Dewalt 716 with a free laser to compensate for the 1 month I have
waited and then come up dry (sounds like my love life). Has anyone
heard why Delta would discontinue this saw?
Thanks,
Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

mew wrote:
Howdy. I had the Delta 422L on order at woodworker supply and they
called today saying that Delta had discontinued it. They are offering
the Dewalt 716 with a free laser to compensate for the 1 month I have
waited and then come up dry (sounds like my love life). Has anyone
heard why Delta would discontinue this saw?
Thanks,
Mike

No idea, but is sounds like a trade worth considering. I haven't heard
anything but good about the DW716. I saw that Amazon is no longer
carrying the Delta, and they are usually one of the first to bail if a
product is discontinued. BTW, the Delta is still available in many
places if you had your heart set on that one.

I noticed that prices were all over for the Delta, so I would make sure
my trade would be "apples to apples".

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mew" wrote in message
ups.com...
Howdy. I had the Delta 422L on order at woodworker supply and they
called today saying that Delta had discontinued it. They are offering
the Dewalt 716 with a free laser to compensate for the 1 month I have
waited and then come up dry (sounds like my love life). Has anyone
heard why Delta would discontinue this saw?
Thanks,
Mike

Remember that Delta is part of Black and Decker now, as is Dewalt.
A company rep told us at the Houston Woodworkers club that the Dewalt line
is going to be for the construction trade and the Delta line is going to be
for the woodworkers.

B&D has a history of messing up their product lines. I remember when B&D was
not junk, but a quality product line.

I have a shop full of Delta, Rockwell, and Porter Cable tools, but I have
purchased a Jet band saw and a Jet jointer this year. I recently bought a PC
4" trim saw (an overpriced delightful saw) because I'm sure they will
discontinue it. The quality is too high for them to keep it. If they have a
tool you've been wanting, you might want to go ahead and buy it while you
can. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mew" wrote in news:1169080011.427147.29850
@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Howdy. I had the Delta 422L on order at woodworker supply and they
called today saying that Delta had discontinued it. They are offering
the Dewalt 716 with a free laser to compensate for the 1 month I have
waited and then come up dry (sounds like my love life). Has anyone
heard why Delta would discontinue this saw?
Thanks,
Mike

I have the older version of the DeWalt saw. All I have to do with this one
is make certain the blade is sharp and clean, and well aligned. When I
bought it, this saw was the upgrade from the then available Borg Delta
miter saw. Money well spent.

I'd pass on the laser, though, if that's an option.

Stuff comes and goes. Life goes on. Usually, at least.

Patriarch
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message

B&D has a history of messing up their product lines. I remember when B&D
was not junk, but a quality product line.

I remember that also. .... Man, you are old. ;~)

I have a shop full of Delta, Rockwell, and Porter Cable tools, but I have
purchased a Jet band saw and a Jet jointer this year. I recently bought a
PC 4" trim saw (an overpriced delightful saw) because I'm sure they will
discontinue it. The quality is too high for them to keep it. If they have
a tool you've been wanting, you might want to go ahead and buy it while
you can. :-)

PC still makes the SpeedBloc finish sander. You may want to grab that one
if you don't have one. Little on it has changed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
. net...

I remember that also. .... Man, you are old. ;~)

I prefer to think well seasoned, not old. :-)

PC still makes the SpeedBloc finish sander. You may want to grab that one
if you don't have one. Little on it has changed.

I'll look into it. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
. net...

I remember that also. .... Man, you are old. ;~)

I prefer to think well seasoned, not old. :-)

LOL That's good, I like "Experienced".

Posted to rec.woodworking
mew mew is offline

I looked at the DeWalt last night and might get it. I just have to
work a better deal as the one woodworker supply was offering ended up
not being very competitive with even Lowes.

Patriarch wrote:
"mew" wrote in news:1169080011.427147.29850
@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Howdy. I had the Delta 422L on order at woodworker supply and they
called today saying that Delta had discontinued it. They are offering
the Dewalt 716 with a free laser to compensate for the 1 month I have
waited and then come up dry (sounds like my love life). Has anyone
heard why Delta would discontinue this saw?
Thanks,
Mike

I have the older version of the DeWalt saw. All I have to do with this one
is make certain the blade is sharp and clean, and well aligned. When I
bought it, this saw was the upgrade from the then available Borg Delta
miter saw. Money well spent.

I'd pass on the laser, though, if that's an option.

Stuff comes and goes. Life goes on. Usually, at least.

Patriarch

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 17 Jan 2007 16:26:51 -0800, "mew" wrote:

Howdy. I had the Delta 422L on order at woodworker supply and they
called today saying that Delta had discontinued it. They are offering
the Dewalt 716 with a free laser to compensate for the 1 month I have
waited and then come up dry (sounds like my love life). Has anyone
heard why Delta would discontinue this saw?

I haven't heard anything about it, but even though I like my Delta CMS
quite a bit, I'd be equally happy with a DeWalt or Makita (those being
the other two I've used.) Lots of good options for that tool.

Searching for discontinued wallpaper Rob UK diy 0 November 19th 06 12:52 PM
discontinued MFI worktop rocky UK diy 14 September 12th 06 03:24 PM
Discontinued Formica search jeffmenzies Home Repair 5 November 26th 05 07:17 AM
Discontinued Formica search jeffmenzies Home Repair 1 November 26th 05 06:31 AM
Discontinued Delta Bandsw tires Edgar Svendsen Woodworking 16 November 25th 05 04:25 PM