Charlie Self

Default Free "non-copyrighted" plans needed

teej writes:

After hours of searching I think I have 29 non-copyrighted plans out
of hundreds
I looked at.

Sounds about right.

efnet #Woodworking

How? Nothing AOL has recognizes efnet#woodworking, with or without the space.

Charlie Self

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the
people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent
and sudden usurpations."
James Madison

Henry E Schaffer

In article ,
Teej wrote:
I started an efnet channel #woodworking and thought sharing plans with
new woodworkers would be a good idea. To my surprise all those Free
plans on the web are copyrighted for personal use only,not for
redistrobution. After hours of searching I think I have 29
non-copyrighted plans out of hundreds I looked at.

They also may be copyrighted - under current law they don't need to
have a copyright notice on them to be protected by copyright. If the
copyright owner puts a notice that the plans are released to "common
domain" (or other notice that you can do anything you want with them)
then you don't have to worry about copyright restrictions.
--
--henry schaffer

McQualude

Teej spaketh...

I started an efnet channel #woodworking and thought sharing plans with
new woodworkers would be a good idea. To my surprise all those Free
plans on the
web are copyrighted for personal use only,not for redistrobution.
After hours of searching I think I have 29 non-copyrighted plans out
of hundreds
I looked at.
Thank You Teej
Please join us on efnet #Woodworking

All works are automatically copyrighted by law unless specifically released
into the public domain. So unless those 29 plans have something on them
releasing them into the public domain, they are copyrighted also.
--
McQualude
Teej

McQualude wrote in message ...
Teej spaketh...

I started an efnet channel #woodworking and thought sharing plans with
new woodworkers would be a good idea. To my surprise all those Free
plans on the
web are copyrighted for personal use only,not for redistrobution.
After hours of searching I think I have 29 non-copyrighted plans out
of hundreds
I looked at.
Thank You Teej
Please join us on efnet #Woodworking

All works are automatically copyrighted by law unless specifically released
into the public domain. So unless those 29 plans have something on them
releasing them into the public domain, they are copyrighted also.

Noted,plans not availiable anymore.
Thank You for intelligent advice sir