DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Free "non-copyrighted" plans needed (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/18945-re-free-%22non-copyrighted%22-plans-needed.html)

Charlie Self July 29th 03 12:54 AM

Free "non-copyrighted" plans needed

teej writes:

After hours of searching I think I have 29 non-copyrighted plans out
of hundreds
I looked at.

Sounds about right.

efnet #Woodworking

How? Nothing AOL has recognizes efnet#woodworking, with or without the space.

Charlie Self

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the
people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent
and sudden usurpations."
James Madison

Henry E Schaffer July 29th 03 02:49 AM

Free "non-copyrighted" plans needed

In article ,
Teej wrote:
I started an efnet channel #woodworking and thought sharing plans with
new woodworkers would be a good idea. To my surprise all those Free
plans on the web are copyrighted for personal use only,not for
redistrobution. After hours of searching I think I have 29
non-copyrighted plans out of hundreds I looked at.

They also may be copyrighted - under current law they don't need to
have a copyright notice on them to be protected by copyright. If the
copyright owner puts a notice that the plans are released to "common
domain" (or other notice that you can do anything you want with them)
then you don't have to worry about copyright restrictions.
--
--henry schaffer

Traves W. Coppock July 29th 03 04:19 AM

Free "non-copyrighted" plans needed

On 28 Jul 2003 23:54:42 GMT, leah (Charlie Self)
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

How? Nothing AOL has recognizes efnet#woodworking, with or without the space.

Charlie:

Try irc.efnet.net in an IRC client such as mIRC or others,,,or
for the IRC challenged, we have a "free of copyright free" chat
channel on another network if you arent interested in file sharing.
if you are, get kazaa or some other theft program

www.farmvalleywoodworks.com\chat\chat.html

no programs to bother with, just allow the applet, and chose a
nickname.

Traves

McQualude July 29th 03 04:43 AM

Free "non-copyrighted" plans needed

Teej spaketh...

I started an efnet channel #woodworking and thought sharing plans with
new woodworkers would be a good idea. To my surprise all those Free
plans on the
web are copyrighted for personal use only,not for redistrobution.
After hours of searching I think I have 29 non-copyrighted plans out
of hundreds
I looked at.
Thank You Teej
Please join us on efnet #Woodworking

All works are automatically copyrighted by law unless specifically released
into the public domain. So unless those 29 plans have something on them
releasing them into the public domain, they are copyrighted also.
--
McQualude

Teej July 30th 03 12:09 AM

Free "non-copyrighted" plans needed

McQualude wrote in message ...
Teej spaketh...

I started an efnet channel #woodworking and thought sharing plans with
new woodworkers would be a good idea. To my surprise all those Free
plans on the
web are copyrighted for personal use only,not for redistrobution.
After hours of searching I think I have 29 non-copyrighted plans out
of hundreds
I looked at.
Thank You Teej
Please join us on efnet #Woodworking

All works are automatically copyrighted by law unless specifically released
into the public domain. So unless those 29 plans have something on them
releasing them into the public domain, they are copyrighted also.

Noted,plans not availiable anymore.
Thank You for intelligent advice sir

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT July 30th 03 01:56 AM

Free "non-copyrighted" plans needed

Mon, Jul 28, 2003, 3:51pm (EDT-3) (Teej)
I started an efnet channel #woodworking and thought sharing plans with
new woodworkers would be a good idea. To my surprise all those Free
plans on the
web are copyrighted for personal use only,not for redistrobution. After
hours of searching I think I have 29 non-copyrighted plans out of
hundreds
I looked at.

Well, I'm still not clear on what you're talking about. I've read
the thread, and apparently I don't understand the problem as stated.

Sure all the plans are copyrighted. So, did you plan on selling
them? Or just passing along the URLs? Big difference.

JOAT
Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put
off until, let's say, next year.
- Lady Myria LeJean.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...All/page4.html