amc

Default WTD plans for a PIG Roaster

Looking for simple plans for pig roaster, out of steel drum or whatever.
With or without turning gear. Any plans or picutres. some simple plans for
a 80lb pig or under under.

cadrian at idirect dot com

Gary Brady

Looking for simple plans for pig roaster, out of steel drum or whatever. With
or without turning gear. Any plans or picutres. some simple plans for a 80lb
pig or under under.

COON-ASS MICROWAVE OVEN

Build a flat box with open top out of 3/4" plywood to fit your pig. Line it
with aluminum foil. Build the top of the box out of steel, using angle iron
with the horizontal leg facing out to bear on the upper edge of the box
opening. Weld another set of angles with the horizontal leg facing in at the
bottom of the vertical legs. Fill the remaining void with heavy sheetmetal,
about 16 ga or so. Place your pig inside, fill the cavity with charcoal, light
it and you have a Coon-Ass Microwave Oven. Quite common in Louisiana. I've
seen one these cook a 30lb pig in 3 1/2 hours. Might need to scale it up to
fit your pig. Doesn't provide the visual effect of a rotating spit roasted
pig, nor is it conducive to the whiskey drinking that usually goes along with
such, but its quick and clean and you don't have to worry about dropping the
pig into the fire.

Gary Brady
Austin, TX

highrider71

"amc" wrote in message
Looking for simple plans for pig roaster, out of steel drum or whatever.
With or without turning gear. Any plans or picutres. some simple plans

for
a 80lb pig or under under.

cadrian at idirect dot com

I saw your post on the welding newsgroup, and added some pics of mine into
the metalworking.com dropbox. Filenames (10 all together) start with
"pigroaster". Any questions, gimme a holler!

Jeremy

Randal O'Brian

"Coonass" is a local name for a Louisiana "Cajun"(a descendant of the French
settlers of south Louisiana). In these PC days it has become somewhat
ill-mannered for a non-Cajun to use the term as it is viewed to be somewhat
derogatory. I don't know the origin of the term.

Randy

"Gary Brady" wrote in message
[...]

Gary Brady

"Coonass" is a local name for a Louisiana "Cajun"(a descendant of the French
settlers of south Louisiana).

Entirely correct.

In these PC days it has become somewhat ill-mannered for a non-Cajun to use

the term as it is viewed to be somewhat derogatory. I don't know the origin of
the term.

Again, unfortunately, correct. I don't know how the term come to be veiwed as
derogatory, since a drive through southern Louisiana will turn up many "Proud
Coon-Ass" bumper stickers. My Cajun heritage comes from a grandmother named
Brouillette (non-English speaking in fact), and I have always considered myself
part Cajun or coon-ass. Too bad that people living in other parts of this
country can find the time to be offended by the use of this term.
Gary Brady
Austin, TX
Jack Erbes

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:05:08 -0700, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

Gary,

Is "coon ass" a type of pig or is it like a miniature horse or something?

I love it when someone makes me look up a word and the explanation
turns out to be pretty interesting. Try this one:

http://www.wordwizard.com/clubhouse/...s.asp?Num=1073

Gary Brady

Then..there are Red Bones.... G

Gunner! I thought you lived in California!
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

Gary Brady

Aieeeee! I lived in Abbyville for a while, spent a bit of time working
back in the bayou doing geophysical work for Western Geo, and have kin
back there. My sister is a Marshal in Abbyville if IIRC.

Pabst Blue Ribbon and boudin sound familiar? Ever been to the Couchcon de
Lait?

Gary Brady
Austin, TX
amc

thanks all for the info you sent me. Its helped me come up with a few
ideas, to build my own.
thanks again,
"Gary Brady" wrote in message
Aieeeee! I lived in Abbyville for a while, spent a bit of time working
back in the bayou doing geophysical work for Western Geo, and have kin
back there. My sister is a Marshal in Abbyville if IIRC.

Pabst Blue Ribbon and boudin sound familiar? Ever been to the Couchcon de
Lait?

Gary Brady
Austin, TX

Cheap software for recording room dimensions & generating plans Angus Rae UK diy 11 July 6th 04 10:34 PM
Garage Plans? Homer UK diy 1 May 6th 04 03:03 PM
plans for "Brush Hog" type mower for 4-wheeler Eric R Snow Metalworking 8 July 18th 03 12:20 PM
Drill Press Plans Jason Walter Metalworking 0 July 12th 03 01:59 PM