DAN & CINDY

Default free wood

I think I just woke up to the wood workers dream of a life. Being a third
shifter I woke up to the sound of chain saws and chippers going through my
head. When I lookrd uot my window I saw the local street department cutting
down trees, so I got dressed, went out and taled to the first person I saw
that looked like he was in charge, ( the one holding the coffee cup and
scratching his ass) I asked him what where they going to do with the wood,
he replied by saying if you want it take it, cause we have to cut all the
trees down on this side of the road all the way to the end. I said ,"all"
you got it all 165 trees, "we got to widen the street, we'll be cuttin'
trees til November. So now I've got oak,maple, apple ,and walnut to pick
from.

Traves W. Coppock

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:34:10 GMT, Michael Baglio
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:24:42 GMT, "DAN & CINDY"
wrote:

snip...
Being a third shifter I woke up to the sound of chain saws and chippers
going through my head.

Man, you are one tough somabitch!

Michael (Coupl'a band-aids, I'll be fine...) Baglio
Chapel Hill

LOL Michael, Band-aids are for wimps,,,use Duct tape *BSEG*

Traves

Chris

"DAN & CINDY" wrote in message . ..
I think I just woke up to the wood workers dream of a life. Being a third
shifter I woke up to the sound of chain saws and chippers going through my
head. When I lookrd uot my window I saw the local street department cutting
down trees, so I got dressed, went out and taled to the first person I saw
that looked like he was in charge, ( the one holding the coffee cup and
scratching his ass) I asked him what where they going to do with the wood,
he replied by saying if you want it take it, cause we have to cut all the
trees down on this side of the road all the way to the end. I said ,"all"
you got it all 165 trees, "we got to widen the street, we'll be cuttin'
trees til November. So now I've got oak,maple, apple ,and walnut to pick
from.

And this excites you why? You are a termite?

-Chris
Todd L

Well apparently this is just a gloat, I think he's keeping all the free wood
for himself.

Todd L---doubt I'll get any now

"DAN & CINDY" wrote in message
I think I just woke up to the wood workers dream of a life. Being a third
shifter I woke up to the sound of chain saws and chippers going through my
head. When I lookrd uot my window I saw the local street department

cutting
down trees, so I got dressed, went out and taled to the first person I saw
that looked like he was in charge, ( the one holding the coffee cup and
scratching his ass) I asked him what where they going to do with the wood,
he replied by saying if you want it take it, cause we have to cut all the
trees down on this side of the road all the way to the end. I said ,"all"
you got it all 165 trees, "we got to widen the street, we'll be cuttin'
trees til November. So now I've got oak,maple, apple ,and walnut to pick
from.

Keith Carlson

They're cutting down 165 trees, and widening the street, and you didn't know
about it until the chains saws came out?
What city doesn't notify residents of a planned project like that?

"DAN & CINDY" wrote in message
I think I just woke up to the wood workers dream of a life. Being a third
shifter I woke up to the sound of chain saws and chippers going through my
head. When I lookrd uot my window I saw the local street department

cutting
down trees, so I got dressed, went out and taled to the first person I saw
that looked like he was in charge, ( the one holding the coffee cup and
scratching his ass) I asked him what where they going to do with the wood,
he replied by saying if you want it take it, cause we have to cut all the
trees down on this side of the road all the way to the end. I said ,"all"
you got it all 165 trees, "we got to widen the street, we'll be cuttin'
trees til November. So now I've got oak,maple, apple ,and walnut to pick
from.

Alan McClure wrote:

Their header indicates North Eastern Ohio, which is why I'd like to
know exactly where they are too!
ARM

Oh, that is almost close enough for a day trip.

Wes
--
Reply to:
Lycos address is a spam trap.

"George" wrote:

Walnut would preclude Northern Michigan.

But it would be worth it to go to northern ohio. I'd really like to
plant some walnut if it could make it. I'd be long gone before it is
big enough but maybe family would still have the property.

WEs

--
Reply to:
Lycos address is a spam trap.
George

Plant 'em! My favorite example of a "friend of the earth" is a man who
farmed and logged all his life (Boo, Hiss), but was still planting apple
trees into his eighties.

Do a good thing and help someone out anyway.

wrote in message
I'd really like to
plant some walnut if it could make it. I'd be long gone before it is
big enough but maybe family would still have the property.

"Digger" DW wrote:

Come on, where you at? Uncle and I just about have our band mill
finished. A bit underpowered with a 9 hp Onan engine on it but we
think it could get er done.

Please tell me you are in northern michigan. Or not, if not.

Wes

What did you use for plans for your band mill? I am thinking about building
one. I have an extra 10hp vert. engine and some of the steel, in the shop.
A lot of trees coming down around here and being tossed. Looks like a score
for a guy with a way to slice it. Need good plans.

Digger

Well,
I ordered some parts from www.linnlumber.com and he sent an assembly
video for the kit he sells. From the video, uncle and I worked
backwards.

Wes