Posted to rec.woodworking

Default bostitch framing nailer

I have the Bostitch N88WWB framing nailer which uses 28^ wire weld
nails. I was under the impression that these were considered clipped
head nails because there is a little round cutout on the one side of
the head. But upon looking at the Bostitch website, it says "28^ Full
Head Nails." In comparing these nails to the paper tape ones, these are
simply missing a round spot, while the paper tape nails are a D shape.
So basically, my question is, is this considered a full or clipped head
nailer?

Posted to rec.woodworking

dave12345 wrote:
I have the Bostitch N88WWB framing nailer which uses 28^ wire weld
nails. I was under the impression that these were considered clipped
head nails because there is a little round cutout on the one side of
the head. But upon looking at the Bostitch website, it says "28^ Full
Head Nails." In comparing these nails to the paper tape ones, these are
simply missing a round spot, while the paper tape nails are a D shape.
So basically, my question is, is this considered a full or clipped head
nailer?

Amazon lists it as a clipped head nailer.

http://www.amazon.com/Bostitch-N88WW...qid=1167945895

-Nathan

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4 Jan 2007 13:27:01 -0800, "N Hurst" wrote:

dave12345 wrote:
I have the Bostitch N88WWB framing nailer which uses 28^ wire weld
nails. I was under the impression that these were considered clipped
head nails because there is a little round cutout on the one side of
the head. But upon looking at the Bostitch website, it says "28^ Full
Head Nails." In comparing these nails to the paper tape ones, these are
simply missing a round spot, while the paper tape nails are a D shape.
So basically, my question is, is this considered a full or clipped head
nailer?

Amazon lists it as a clipped head nailer.

http://www.amazon.com/Bostitch-N88WW...qid=1167945895

They sell a variety of framing nailers and nails. Some nails clipped some full round
Check their nail page.

Posted to rec.woodworking

dave12345 wrote:
I have the Bostitch N88WWB framing nailer which uses 28^ wire weld
nails. I was under the impression that these were considered clipped
head nails because there is a little round cutout on the one side of
the head. But upon looking at the Bostitch website, it says "28^ Full
Head Nails." In comparing these nails to the paper tape ones, these are
simply missing a round spot, while the paper tape nails are a D shape.
So basically, my question is, is this considered a full or clipped head
nailer?

Amazon lists it as a clipped head nailer.

http://www.amazon.com/Bostitch-N88WW...qid=1167945895

They sell a variety of framing nailers and nails. Some nails clipped some full round
Check their nail page.

Amazon says clipped, Bostitch says full round. I am assuming it cannot
shoot both, but I am curious as to whether it is classified as full
round or clipped. Clipped nails seem to be in the 'D' shape. These
nails are an 'O' with just a small semi-circle missing from the edge.

___
/ _\
| |_
\ ___/ That is my poor interpretation of the head.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4 Jan 2007 14:35:28 -0800, "dave12345" wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Bostitch-N88WW...qid=1167945895

They sell a variety of framing nailers and nails. Some nails clipped some full round
Check their nail page.

Amazon says clipped, Bostitch says full round. I am assuming it cannot
shoot both, but I am curious as to whether it is classified as full
round or clipped. Clipped nails seem to be in the 'D' shape. These
nails are an 'O' with just a small semi-circle missing from the edge.

Bostitch makes a **** load of different framing nailers.
Which nailer, which nails?

Posted to rec.woodworking

pe wrote:
On 4 Jan 2007 14:35:28 -0800, "dave12345" wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Bostitch-N88WW...qid=1167945895

They sell a variety of framing nailers and nails. Some nails clipped some full round
Check their nail page.

Amazon says clipped, Bostitch says full round. I am assuming it cannot
shoot both, but I am curious as to whether it is classified as full
round or clipped. Clipped nails seem to be in the 'D' shape. These
nails are an 'O' with just a small semi-circle missing from the edge.

Bostitch makes a **** load of different framing nailers.
Which nailer, which nails?

It is the N88WWB, it takes 28^ wire weld nails. Accodring to the
Bostitch website, they consider these nails to be full round head, but
in reality, there is a small semi-circle missing from the edge of the
nails head. I want to know if this actually is a full head nailer or
not.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4 Jan 2007 14:57:21 -0800, "dave12345" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

You might check your local building code. they have their own ideas about what
constitutes a FULL head.
Most places accept clipped, I think some still require a full round head for some
applications.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

dave12345 wrote:
I have the Bostitch N88WWB framing nailer which uses 28^ wire weld
nails. I was under the impression that these were considered clipped
head nails because there is a little round cutout on the one side of
the head. But upon looking at the Bostitch website, it says "28^ Full
Head Nails." In comparing these nails to the paper tape ones, these are
simply missing a round spot, while the paper tape nails are a D shape.
So basically, my question is, is this considered a full or clipped head
nailer?

Before using this tool on any job that will be have to be signed off by
a building inpector, check with that local departmnet to get their
blessing. Although Bostitch may already have gotten BOCA approval for
the design, your locality may not be that up to date. Good luck.

Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4 Jan 2007 15:51:31 -0800, "Joe" wrote:

dave12345 wrote:
I have the Bostitch N88WWB framing nailer which uses 28^ wire weld
nails. I was under the impression that these were considered clipped
head nails because there is a little round cutout on the one side of
the head. But upon looking at the Bostitch website, it says "28^ Full
Head Nails." In comparing these nails to the paper tape ones, these are
simply missing a round spot, while the paper tape nails are a D shape.
So basically, my question is, is this considered a full or clipped head
nailer?

Before using this tool on any job that will be have to be signed off by
a building inpector, check with that local departmnet to get their
blessing. Although Bostitch may already have gotten BOCA approval for
the design, your locality may not be that up to date. Good luck.

I'm out of date but a few years ago some of the guys were taking the nails in with
their permit applications and having a picture of the nail head included with their
permits.
This was because some building inspectors were coming along and objecting to the use
of some nails.
I had a fight with an inspector over the ring nails I use to apply sheeting.
Posted to rec.woodworking
DT DT is offline

Amazon says clipped, Bostitch says full round. I am assuming it cannot
shoot both, but I am curious as to whether it is classified as full
round or clipped. Clipped nails seem to be in the 'D' shape. These
nails are an 'O' with just a small semi-circle missing from the edge.

Well, I checked all the boxes of nails I have for mine. I have Bostich and Stanley
Bostich boxes, both tell you everything possible about the nail: diameter, length,
shank type, collating method, coating, angle, they even have a picture with side and
end views that clearly shows the indent, but no mention of it. But... my third party
box of nails for the same gun shows all that and states, "Clipped Head".

--
Dennis