Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] jimmy@the.shoppe is offline

Default bostitch framing nailer

On 4 Jan 2007 15:51:31 -0800, "Joe" wrote:

dave12345 wrote:
I have the Bostitch N88WWB framing nailer which uses 28^ wire weld
nails. I was under the impression that these were considered clipped
head nails because there is a little round cutout on the one side of
the head. But upon looking at the Bostitch website, it says "28^ Full
Head Nails." In comparing these nails to the paper tape ones, these are
simply missing a round spot, while the paper tape nails are a D shape.
So basically, my question is, is this considered a full or clipped head
nailer?

Before using this tool on any job that will be have to be signed off by
a building inpector, check with that local departmnet to get their
blessing. Although Bostitch may already have gotten BOCA approval for
the design, your locality may not be that up to date. Good luck.

I'm out of date but a few years ago some of the guys were taking the nails in with
their permit applications and having a picture of the nail head included with their
permits.
This was because some building inspectors were coming along and objecting to the use
of some nails.
I had a fight with an inspector over the ring nails I use to apply sheeting.