Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Race to ...

.... the Christmas tree is on:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects12.htm#hopechest

Will he make it?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/23/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
... the Christmas tree is on:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects12.htm#hopechest

Will he make it?

Not if he keeps playing with the camera instead of making sawdust. Get out
there and work, work, work.

There is one lucky niece out there.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

Not if he keeps playing with the camera instead of making sawdust. Get

out
there and work, work, work.

You're right ... but I was just waiting until the sun warmed up the shop a
bit this morning.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/23/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
What finish you using?

I want to use one coat of clear 'General Finishes' Seal-A-Cell, and four or
five coats of satin Arm-R-Seal, but the temperature needs to be above 70F to
do that effectively and the shop is un-heated.

Since it doesn't appear that the weather will co-operate, I may just go
ahead and do a hand-rubbed oil/poly finish as I should have time to get at
least one coat on before it has to go under the tree, then bring it back in
the shop for the final four or five.

I need to make a decision today as I'd like to get one coat on the interior
before I put on the aromatic cedar lining.

Back to the shop ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/23/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:14:59 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

... the Christmas tree is on:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects12.htm#hopechest

Will he make it?

Well, I hope so.

I am not going to make it with my China Cabinet. I can complete the
piece, but will not be able to apply the finish (space, weather,
etc.), so decided to put it in the dining room unfinished, and not to
be used, and go about my business building the side board, then finish
them both when it can be done outside.

I think you've got a better shot at it. What you done to date looks
great.

Frank
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
... the Christmas tree is on:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects12.htm#hopechest

Will he make it?

Looks nice. Putting the whole thing on a walnut base is a real classy look.

Are those openings for drawers in the base?

If so, how will the drawers be supported?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels"

http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects12.htm#hopechest

Looks nice. Putting the whole thing on a walnut base is a real classy

look.

Thanks ... I like the contrast, which actually gets less and less as the
piece ages, until it is a gorgeous combination.

Are those openings for drawers in the base?

Yes, they are. AAMOF, the drawers are now in, as of this afternoon, and a
picture is on the website.

If so, how will the drawers be supported?

Undermount/hidden drawer slides (accurides) ... not my usual method/slides,
but I'm quite happy with them. Unlike many of this type, these turned out
rock solid, with NO twist or sideways play, but it took some doing, and
shimming to perfection.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/23/06

OT, shifting race cars mm Home Repair 7 February 15th 06 11:40 PM
Pineywood Race - without bogus name Tom Watson Woodworking 18 January 25th 06 04:46 AM
Escape the rat race Gunner Metalworking 36 December 21st 04 09:10 PM
Cub Scout Car Race Tom Watson Woodworking 57 October 24th 04 11:30 AM