Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default A Race to ...

"Lee Michaels"

http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects12.htm#hopechest

Looks nice. Putting the whole thing on a walnut base is a real classy

look.

Thanks ... I like the contrast, which actually gets less and less as the
piece ages, until it is a gorgeous combination.

Are those openings for drawers in the base?

Yes, they are. AAMOF, the drawers are now in, as of this afternoon, and a
picture is on the website.

If so, how will the drawers be supported?

Undermount/hidden drawer slides (accurides) ... not my usual method/slides,
but I'm quite happy with them. Unlike many of this type, these turned out
rock solid, with NO twist or sideways play, but it took some doing, and
shimming to perfection.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/23/06