Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How to Apply the Last Coat of Poly for a Dining Table Top?

I would like to know a good way to apply the last coat of poly on a
dining table top.

I am almost done with re-finishing the dining table top. I have
painted many coats of poly, and sanded it many times. Now, the table
top is very smooth. After I have applied a coat of poly with a natural
bristle brush or a foam brush, I find that the surface in general is
very smooth -- but there are too many little bubbles. Using a rag is
better; but I still get enough bubbles that I want something better.
Spraying poly from a spray can is good; but the surface feels very
grainy, not glossy smooth at all.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jay Chan