Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is something wrong with my wood sink countertop??

Hello all,

Is there something wrong with my sink countertop?

Take a look at this pictu
http://www.geocities.com/phul/www/Co...SunkenDown.JPG

The sink is to the left in the picture, and the countertop is sunken
down in the area where the sink is. You can see it is higher as you
get farther away from the sink.

So basically, the countertop is higher on the side to the right of the
sink, and on the side to the left of the sink as well. The countertop
is wood.

Any idea what is wrong? What should I do? How much does it cost to
fix? Thanks, I appreciate it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Can't tell much from that picture, but it looks like the cabinets aren't
level. If it's just the sink cabinet, you could have a longtime leak under
there that has rotted the floor out and let the sink cabinet settle.I've
seen that happen before. Remodeled a kitchen where we had to replace about 4
floor joists because there had been a small leak under the sink that didn't
run out and it rotted through the flooring and just kept spreading.That was
a job. Better have it looked at..

wrote in message
ps.com...

Hello all,

Is there something wrong with my sink countertop?

Take a look at this pictu
http://www.geocities.com/phul/www/Co...SunkenDown.JPG

The sink is to the left in the picture, and the countertop is sunken
down in the area where the sink is. You can see it is higher as you
get farther away from the sink.

So basically, the countertop is higher on the side to the right of the
sink, and on the side to the left of the sink as well. The countertop
is wood.

Any idea what is wrong? What should I do? How much does it cost to
fix? Thanks, I appreciate it.

It has removed 2986 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

It has removed 2986 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to rec.woodworking

BTW, the leak was between the cabinet bottom and the floor, so the water ran
down between the pipe cutouts and never showed up inside the sink cabinet.
The kitchen was over a crawl space, so there was no basement where anyone
would notice it.

. ..

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
ps.com...

Hello all,

Is there something wrong with my sink countertop?

Take a look at this pictu
http://www.geocities.com/phul/www/Co...SunkenDown.JPG

The sink is to the left in the picture, and the countertop is sunken
down in the area where the sink is. You can see it is higher as you
get farther away from the sink.

So basically, the countertop is higher on the side to the right of the
sink, and on the side to the left of the sink as well. The countertop
is wood.

Any idea what is wrong? What should I do? How much does it cost to
fix? Thanks, I appreciate it.

Looks like the shims between the bottom of the counter top and the wall of
the cabinets have fallen out.