Pat

Default Thick countertop and stainless sink

I installed a new countertop. 3/4 plywood, 1/4 backer board and tile.
Probably about 1 3/8" total. My old sink appears to be made for 3/4 thick
top. Can I buy new sink clips to install it in the thicker top? Or do I
buy a new sink? Or install it with some caulking to glue it to the counter?

Robert Allison

Pat wrote:
I installed a new countertop. 3/4 plywood, 1/4 backer board and tile.
Probably about 1 3/8" total. My old sink appears to be made for 3/4 thick
top. Can I buy new sink clips to install it in the thicker top? Or do I
buy a new sink? Or install it with some caulking to glue it to the counter?

Get new clips. They have clips for almost every thickness. We had
a problem with some concrete countertops once, but we even found
clips for that (3" thick).

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Pat

"Robert Allison" wrote in message

Pat wrote:
I installed a new countertop. 3/4 plywood, 1/4 backer board and tile.
Probably about 1 3/8" total. My old sink appears to be made for 3/4
thick top. Can I buy new sink clips to install it in the thicker top?
Or do I buy a new sink? Or install it with some caulking to glue it to
the counter?

Get new clips. They have clips for almost every thickness. We had a
problem with some concrete countertops once, but we even found clips for
that (3" thick).

--
Robert Allison Rimshot, Inc.
Georgetown, TX

Thanks. I'll check at Lowes.
If I can't find some maybe I'll chisel some notches for my clips to fit in.

mounting sink Dan-o Home Repair 7 February 5th 05 03:33 PM
stainless steel restoration [email protected] Metalworking 5 January 30th 05 03:05 PM
Blanco sink - create own punch outs? blue Home Repair 8 December 21st 03 06:19 PM
Satin finish Fridge & Stainless Steel Appliances OK? calberto Home Ownership 1 September 8th 03 12:35 AM
Temp kitchen sink ( putting new granite countertop ) Dipu Home Repair 3 August 1st 03 01:46 AM