Dipu

Default Temp kitchen sink ( putting new granite countertop )

We are planning to put in granite countertop in our kitchen replacing
the existing ceramic tiles. There will be couple of weeks between the
teardown of the existing countertop and installing the new one. I am
thinking of putting plywood boards to act as a temporary countertop.
What do we do about the sink? We dont have a laundry sink.

I am thinking of putting a cheap plastic or metal sink as a temporary
one in the kitchen. Any suggestion where I can get a really cheap sink
that can last for 2-3 weeks? The existing sink is a ceramic one inset
into the tiles. My guess is that will be useless when the ceramic
tiles are removed.

Thanks a lot for your comments.

-Dipu
effi

seems like home depot and lowe's have plastic sinks, with legs and all, for
around $50, and they can be hooked up to a water hose, might make a good
outside slop sink later on after you get your real sink set up

"Dipu" wrote in message
om...
We are planning to put in granite countertop in our kitchen replacing
the existing ceramic tiles. There will be couple of weeks between the
teardown of the existing countertop and installing the new one. I am
thinking of putting plywood boards to act as a temporary countertop.
What do we do about the sink? We dont have a laundry sink.

I am thinking of putting a cheap plastic or metal sink as a temporary
one in the kitchen. Any suggestion where I can get a really cheap sink
that can last for 2-3 weeks? The existing sink is a ceramic one inset
into the tiles. My guess is that will be useless when the ceramic
tiles are removed.

Thanks a lot for your comments.

-Dipu

rosie readandpost

without a doubt, keep looking for a temporary solution (sink) for your kitchen, while in transition!

--
read and post daily, it works!
rosie

http://www.costofwar.com
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...m/economy_dc_2

"Dipu" wrote in message om...
We are planning to put in granite countertop in our kitchen replacing
the existing ceramic tiles. There will be couple of weeks between the
teardown of the existing countertop and installing the new one. I am
thinking of putting plywood boards to act as a temporary countertop.
What do we do about the sink? We dont have a laundry sink.

I am thinking of putting a cheap plastic or metal sink as a temporary
one in the kitchen. Any suggestion where I can get a really cheap sink
that can last for 2-3 weeks? The existing sink is a ceramic one inset
into the tiles. My guess is that will be useless when the ceramic
tiles are removed.

Thanks a lot for your comments.

-Dipu

Dipu

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually we saw a decent sized stainless steel sink in home depot for
about $40. I am trying to see if there is a cheaper option. But looks
like the plastic sink with legs will be useful later also.

-Dipu

"effi" wrote in message ...
seems like home depot and lowe's have plastic sinks, with legs and all, for
around $50, and they can be hooked up to a water hose, might make a good
outside slop sink later on after you get your real sink set up

Choosing location for kitchen appliances Mark Webb UK diy 42 November 11th 03 03:08 PM
help finding kitchen sink ?! Neil Catley UK diy 7 November 2nd 03 12:19 PM
kitchen sink sizes Neil Catley UK diy 2 November 2nd 03 12:55 AM
Kitchen sink wastes Alex UK diy 1 August 23rd 03 12:20 AM
What are the pros / Cons of a granite kitchen worktop James Mawson UK diy 10 July 7th 03 09:51 PM