Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Wondering about the Ridgid Portable Table Saw. Any Good?

I am in the process of buy a portable table saw and I am a big Ridgid
tool fan. I see they have a 10" for $449 at Home Depot. Any pros and
cons to buying this one or another brand. Thanks in advance.

Posted to rec.woodworking
TH TH is offline

I have the Bosch, about the same price, and am impressed with it.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am in the process of buy a portable table saw and I am a big Ridgid
tool fan. I see they have a 10" for $449 at Home Depot. Any pros and
cons to buying this one or another brand. Thanks in advance.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have the Ridgid, got it 5 years ago, it works great.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am in the process of buy a portable table saw and I am a big Ridgid
tool fan. I see they have a 10" for $449 at Home Depot. Any pros and
cons to buying this one or another brand. Thanks in advance.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 12, 9:10 am, wrote:
I am in the process of buy a portable table saw and I am a big Ridgid
tool fan. I see they have a 10" for $449 at Home Depot. Any pros and
cons to buying this one or another brand. Thanks in advance.

I use one of those. The small footprint when collapsed was one of the
attractions, as was the portability. I didn't have high expectations of
it when I bought it, but I felt it would make a decent stopgap until I
decided what path my retirement was going to take. Well, that has been
pretty much decided as I am gearing up to upgrade my capability. It is
an amazingly good little unit. Plenty accurate for what I do, and with
a decent blade, I rip solid surface strips and backsplashes all day
long. Noisy and less than great dust collection. Excellent value once
you understand that it is what it is.
(I know this sounds cocky, but I can make it do what I want.)

When it gets replaced by The General, I will keep it around. It's handy
and pretty darned good.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:01:57 GMT, "John L. Poole"
wrote:

It has a 3/4" dado limitation.
The table inserts are 3/8" thick, not a lot of thickness if you want to
make your own zero-clearance inserts with replaceable elements.

The part numbers of the following accessories a
-- zero clearance insert: part no. AC1045
-- dado insert: part no. AC1040

Actually, Ridgid's inserts are expensive, you can get the same thing
here for much less:

http://www.ttrackusa.com/zeroclearanceinserts.htm
Posted to rec.woodworking

If you're talking about the TS3650, we got one for a friend last
summer and he still loves it. It's not all that portable, it comes in
at almost 300lbs, but with the built-in mobile base, it can be moved
anywhere in the shop easily. Everyone I've seen that has one has
raved about it, and for the price you can't beat it.

Actually the TS-3650 is not their portable model.. although it does
move around a shop beautifully (I know because I have a TS-3650 too...)

However, the TS-2400 is definatley mobile... it is basically mounted
to a M-SUV.. my neighbor has it and it seems to do a pretty good job.

Drew Rea

Posted to rec.woodworking

A number of years ago (3?) several portable work site saw were reviewed in
one of the mags and the Ridgid was the top choice followed by Sears
craftsman. I have the craftsman and its quite good but I wish I had bought
the Ridgid.
oups.com...