Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Wondering about the Ridgid Portable Table Saw. Any Good?

On Nov 12, 9:10 am, wrote:
I am in the process of buy a portable table saw and I am a big Ridgid
tool fan. I see they have a 10" for $449 at Home Depot. Any pros and
cons to buying this one or another brand. Thanks in advance.

I use one of those. The small footprint when collapsed was one of the
attractions, as was the portability. I didn't have high expectations of
it when I bought it, but I felt it would make a decent stopgap until I
decided what path my retirement was going to take. Well, that has been
pretty much decided as I am gearing up to upgrade my capability. It is
an amazingly good little unit. Plenty accurate for what I do, and with
a decent blade, I rip solid surface strips and backsplashes all day
long. Noisy and less than great dust collection. Excellent value once
you understand that it is what it is.
(I know this sounds cocky, but I can make it do what I want.)

When it gets replaced by The General, I will keep it around. It's handy
and pretty darned good.