Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My jury-rigged jigsaw table thing

If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

I have a scroll saw, but for some things this works better. I have had
mine set up like this for years. Just a hole in the counter top for the
blade and two counter-sunk flat head screws that fit into threaded holes
in the base of my jigsaw. Set-up or take-down in a couple of minutes.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A pessimist is a person who mourns the
future.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I think it was who stated:

boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

I had a Hersch (?) saw table (sic) many years ago that did this. You
could mount a circular saw, jig saw, or router under the table.

My Ryobi BT3100 table saw has a jigsaw adapter plate available . . . .

-Don
--
Pooder approved this post . . . .

Posted to rec.woodworking

If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

At one point I tried to set up something like this in a router table,
but I couldn't get it to cut anything that resembled a straight line.
Gave up and bought a cheapo HD bandsaw. Just recently gave that up and
bought a used 16", 1.5hp Grizzly.
(Still learning to only cry once...)
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

Often easier to bring the work to the tool.

FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking

boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

For a lower cost version, non electric see the latest Woodwork magazine.
The web page shows a picture of it now, but not a real good one.
http://woodwork-mag.com/
Joe
Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe Gorman wrote:
boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

For a lower cost version, non electric see the latest Woodwork magazine.
The web page shows a picture of it now, but not a real good one.
http://woodwork-mag.com/
Joe

Cool, have to pick that up.

Found these 1954 PM tearouts for sale on eBay...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...pm54jigsaw.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...m54jigsaw2.jpg

"Jigsaw from a Small Engine Block."

Posted to rec.woodworking

boorite wrote:
Joe Gorman wrote:
boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

For a lower cost version, non electric see the latest Woodwork magazine.
The web page shows a picture of it now, but not a real good one.
http://woodwork-mag.com/
Joe

Cool, have to pick that up.

Found these 1954 PM tearouts for sale on eBay...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...pm54jigsaw.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...m54jigsaw2.jpg

"Jigsaw from a Small Engine Block."

Rats, until I looked at the pics I was thinking more of a Ford 289
running a saw to match David Marks' jointer:-0
Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe Gorman wrote:
boorite wrote:
"Jigsaw from a Small Engine Block."

Rats, until I looked at the pics I was thinking more of a Ford 289
running a saw to match David Marks' jointer:-0
Joe

Yeah, "small block" could mean a 350. That there would be for hardwoods.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com,
boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

You would probably be interested in Nick Englers book on scrollsaws.
It has a design for an actual C-arm scroll saw, made mostly from wood,
that uses a chearp jigsaw as the power source.

And if you are looking for a quiet scroll saw, one that runs like a
sewing machine, how about making one form a sewing machine?

As I was looking at your web site, it occurred to me, that it was kind
of a wimpy outfit. Now, if you had used a reciprocating saw instead of
the jig saw...

--
Every complicated problem has a simple solution that doesn't work.

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
lwasserm(@)charm(.)net
Posted to rec.woodworking

As I was looking at your web site, it occurred to me, that it was kind
of a wimpy outfit. Now, if you had used a reciprocating saw instead of
the jig saw...

Now you're talking. Or maybe something gas-powered.

You mean like a gas laser?

- Owen -

Posted to rec.woodworking

Owen Lawrence wrote:

Now you're talking. Or maybe something gas-powered.

You mean like a gas laser?

I was thinking more along the lines of a curb saw or chainsaw, but the
laser is hard to pass up. I think I would have to decide based on which
one would win in a fight.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com,
boorite wrote:
wrote:

As I was looking at your web site, it occurred to me, that it was kind
of a wimpy outfit. Now, if you had used a reciprocating saw instead of
the jig saw...

Now you're talking. Or maybe something gas-powered.

YEAH! That's IT! a CHAINSAW!. Why bother using a bandsaw for resawing?
Why, with a table-mounted, vertically pointed bar chainsaw, and a
tablesaw-like fence setup, except for wasting slightly more wood with
the wide kerf, you'll be resawing like a saw mill! Imagine, you need a
2X6 or something, just cut down a tree and push it through your
tablechainsaw! I've got an old Poulan out in the shed somewhere... I
can hardly wait!