DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   My jury-rigged jigsaw table thing (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/176353-my-jury-rigged-jigsaw-table-thing.html)

boorite September 18th 06 10:24 PM

My jury-rigged jigsaw table thing

If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

Gerald Ross September 18th 06 11:43 PM

boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

I have a scroll saw, but for some things this works better. I have had
mine set up like this for years. Just a hole in the counter top for the
blade and two counter-sunk flat head screws that fit into threaded holes
in the base of my jigsaw. Set-up or take-down in a couple of minutes.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A pessimist is a person who mourns the
future.

[email protected] September 19th 06 12:29 AM

My jury-rigged jigsaw table thing

I had a Hersch (?) saw table (sic) many years ago that did this. You
could mount a circular saw, jig saw, or router under the table.

Mike

Don Fearn September 19th 06 03:40 AM

My jury-rigged jigsaw table thing

I think it was who stated:

boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

I had a Hersch (?) saw table (sic) many years ago that did this. You
could mount a circular saw, jig saw, or router under the table.

My Ryobi BT3100 table saw has a jigsaw adapter plate available . . . .

-Don
--
Pooder approved this post . . . .

Andy September 19th 06 04:20 AM

My jury-rigged jigsaw table thing

If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

At one point I tried to set up something like this in a router table,
but I couldn't get it to cut anything that resembled a straight line.
Gave up and bought a cheapo HD bandsaw. Just recently gave that up and
bought a used 16", 1.5hp Grizzly.
(Still learning to only cry once...)
Andy

foggytown September 19th 06 08:26 AM

boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

Often easier to bring the work to the tool.

FoggyTown

Joe Gorman September 19th 06 01:13 PM

boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

For a lower cost version, non electric see the latest Woodwork magazine.
The web page shows a picture of it now, but not a real good one.
http://woodwork-mag.com/
Joe

boorite September 19th 06 06:37 PM

Joe Gorman wrote:
boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

For a lower cost version, non electric see the latest Woodwork magazine.
The web page shows a picture of it now, but not a real good one.
http://woodwork-mag.com/
Joe

Cool, have to pick that up.

Found these 1954 PM tearouts for sale on eBay...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...pm54jigsaw.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...m54jigsaw2.jpg

"Jigsaw from a Small Engine Block."

Joe Gorman September 19th 06 08:24 PM

boorite wrote:
Joe Gorman wrote:
boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

For a lower cost version, non electric see the latest Woodwork magazine.
The web page shows a picture of it now, but not a real good one.
http://woodwork-mag.com/
Joe

Cool, have to pick that up.

Found these 1954 PM tearouts for sale on eBay...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...pm54jigsaw.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...m54jigsaw2.jpg

"Jigsaw from a Small Engine Block."

Rats, until I looked at the pics I was thinking more of a Ford 289
running a saw to match David Marks' jointer:-0
Joe

boorite September 19th 06 08:33 PM

Joe Gorman wrote:
boorite wrote:
"Jigsaw from a Small Engine Block."

Rats, until I looked at the pics I was thinking more of a Ford 289
running a saw to match David Marks' jointer:-0
Joe

Yeah, "small block" could mean a 350. That there would be for hardwoods.

September 20th 06 07:00 AM

My jury-rigged jigsaw table thing

In article .com,
boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

You would probably be interested in Nick Englers book on scrollsaws.
It has a design for an actual C-arm scroll saw, made mostly from wood,
that uses a chearp jigsaw as the power source.

And if you are looking for a quiet scroll saw, one that runs like a
sewing machine, how about making one form a sewing machine?

As I was looking at your web site, it occurred to me, that it was kind
of a wimpy outfit. Now, if you had used a reciprocating saw instead of
the jig saw...

--
Every complicated problem has a simple solution that doesn't work.

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
lwasserm(@)charm(.)net

boorite September 20th 06 07:24 AM

wrote:

As I was looking at your web site, it occurred to me, that it was kind
of a wimpy outfit. Now, if you had used a reciprocating saw instead of
the jig saw...

Now you're talking. Or maybe something gas-powered.

Owen Lawrence September 20th 06 01:17 PM

My jury-rigged jigsaw table thing

As I was looking at your web site, it occurred to me, that it was kind
of a wimpy outfit. Now, if you had used a reciprocating saw instead of
the jig saw...

Now you're talking. Or maybe something gas-powered.

You mean like a gas laser?

- Owen -

boorite September 20th 06 05:22 PM

Owen Lawrence wrote:

Now you're talking. Or maybe something gas-powered.

You mean like a gas laser?

I was thinking more along the lines of a curb saw or chainsaw, but the
laser is hard to pass up. I think I would have to decide based on which
one would win in a fight.

September 21st 06 02:08 AM

boorite wrote:
wrote:

As I was looking at your web site, it occurred to me, that it was kind
of a wimpy outfit. Now, if you had used a reciprocating saw instead of
the jig saw...

Now you're talking. Or maybe something gas-powered.

YEAH! That's IT! a CHAINSAW!. Why bother using a bandsaw for resawing?
Why, with a table-mounted, vertically pointed bar chainsaw, and a
tablesaw-like fence setup, except for wasting slightly more wood with
the wide kerf, you'll be resawing like a saw mill! Imagine, you need a
2X6 or something, just cut down a tree and push it through your
tablechainsaw! I've got an old Poulan out in the shed somewhere... I
can hardly wait!