Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My jury-rigged jigsaw table thing

In article .com,
boorite wrote:
If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

You would probably be interested in Nick Englers book on scrollsaws.
It has a design for an actual C-arm scroll saw, made mostly from wood,
that uses a chearp jigsaw as the power source.

And if you are looking for a quiet scroll saw, one that runs like a
sewing machine, how about making one form a sewing machine?

As I was looking at your web site, it occurred to me, that it was kind
of a wimpy outfit. Now, if you had used a reciprocating saw instead of
the jig saw...

--
Every complicated problem has a simple solution that doesn't work.

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
lwasserm(@)charm(.)net