Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Andy is offline

Default My jury-rigged jigsaw table thing

If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe
impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs
or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth
the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

http://woodslacker.officeweasel.com/jigscroll.html

At one point I tried to set up something like this in a router table,
but I couldn't get it to cut anything that resembled a straight line.
Gave up and bought a cheapo HD bandsaw. Just recently gave that up and
bought a used 16", 1.5hp Grizzly.
(Still learning to only cry once...)
Andy