Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dual Drill ??

I was wondering if anyone ownes a Dual drill and what do you think of
it..
I understand you can look at them at
www.dualdrill.com. I just a watched a deal on tv about them ,they look
kinda cheap, and free batterys for life, yea right..but I would like to
hear from you guys.
Thanks
Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

"TOM MOORE" wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone ownes a Dual drill and what do you think of
it..
I understand you can look at them at
www.dualdrill.com. I just a watched a deal on tv about them ,they look
kinda cheap, and free batterys for life, yea right..but I would like to
hear from you guys.

Haven't used one so don't have any practical experience, but on first glance
it looks like a really dumb idea and just a gimmick with excessive mechanics
needed to accomplish a simple bit change. There's a multitude of magnetic
and otherwise simple bit changers available for the drill market so this
idea seems outlandish at best. Just my opinion of course and others my vary,
but I can't see it doing very well in the market, free batteries or
otherwise ~ certainly not in the professional or experienced home owner
market.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"TOM MOORE" wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone ownes a Dual drill and what do you think of
it..
I understand you can look at them at
www.dualdrill.com. I just a watched a deal on tv about them ,they look
kinda cheap, and free batterys for life, yea right..but I would like to
hear from you guys.
Thanks
Tom

Compared to most drills, it looks enormous in size.

Posted to rec.woodworking

A quick change hex shank bit holder would seem like a much more
practical and rather less expensive way to work. The Dual Drill doesn't
get past "cute" in my book.

J.

TOM MOORE wrote:
I was wondering if anyone ownes a Dual drill and what do you think of
it..
I understand you can look at them at
www.dualdrill.com. I just a watched a deal on tv about them ,they look
kinda cheap, and free batterys for life, yea right..but I would like to
hear from you guys.
Thanks
Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 05:04:56 -0500, in rec.woodworking,
(TOM MOORE) wrote:

I was wondering if anyone ownes a Dual drill and what do you think of
it..
I understand you can look at them at
www.dualdrill.com. I just a watched a deal on tv about them ,they look
kinda cheap, and free batterys for life, yea right..but I would like to
hear from you guys.

The "free replacement batteries for life" offer has some "small
print":

--------
When your Dual-Drill™ battery wears out, simply send it back to us and
we'll send you a new battery, and all you pay is processing and
handling.
--------

I suspect that the undeclared processing and handling fee (what's the
difference?!) will mean that their "free" offer could turn out to be
rather expensive.

Forrest

--
Forrest Anderson
Edinburgh

Posted to rec.woodworking

For $120?? I think you can do a lot better with a Bosch, Dewalt, Makita, etc
or even Ryobi and deal with quick change bits. What is the warranty for the
tool itself? Will you be able to get a battery in a couple of years? It only
does 550 RPM. It sounds like it comes with only one battery.

Steve

http://bosch.cpotools.com/cordless_t.../33618-rt.html ---
see what you can get for about the same money with two batteries. You won't
wear this one out any time soon.
http://www.toolking.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=5596 --- or this

..

"TOM MOORE" wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone ownes a Dual drill and what do you think of
it..
I understand you can look at them at
www.dualdrill.com. I just a watched a deal on tv about them ,they look
kinda cheap, and free batterys for life, yea right..but I would like to
hear from you guys.
Thanks
Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

Well, I haven't torn one apart for inspection but common sense suggests
to me that what they've had to do to the gearing to allow the
swivel/click feature must have weakened that aspect in some fashion.
I'd avoid it and go with a decent drill and a quick-change or flip bit.

FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks Guys
I guess I had better just pass on that one...
Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 05:04:56 -0500, (TOM MOORE)
wrote:

I was wondering if anyone ownes a Dual drill and what do you think of
it..
I understand you can look at them at
www.dualdrill.com. I just a watched a deal on tv about them ,they look
kinda cheap, and free batterys for life, yea right..but I would like to
hear from you guys.

Call me a cynic, but the first clue on something like this is that
it's in an infomercial (and "not sold in stores." Why not? I've
always wondered.).

The Little Giant is the notable exception in that genre. Of course
they were around on the trade show circuit for a long time before
Robin's butt appeared on TV.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"LRod" wrote in message
news

Call me a cynic, but the first clue on something like this is that
it's in an infomercial (and "not sold in stores." Why not? I've
always wondered.).

The Little Giant is the notable exception in that genre. Of course
they were around on the trade show circuit for a long time before
Robin's butt appeared on TV.

You can add the Fein Multimaster to the good merchandise infomercial list
also.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Gee, they should put a warning label on those. "WARNING: Do no put favorite
body appendages in grill." Prevent Darwinian awards from being handed out
with their product name in them... Course, half the time, those labels just
give stupid people ideas, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Clint

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 05:39:08 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

You can add the Fein Multimaster to the good merchandise infomercial list
also.

How about the George Foreman grill? G

It eventually made it all the way to major department stores. Ours
gets used 2-3 times a week. The most important thing is to remember
to keep your foot out of it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 16:50:50 GMT, "Clint" wrote:

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
.. .

.... snip
How about the George Foreman grill? G

It eventually made it all the way to major department stores. Ours
gets used 2-3 times a week. The most important thing is to remember
to keep your foot out of it.

Gee, they should put a warning label on those. "WARNING: Do no put favorite
body appendages in grill." Prevent Darwinian awards from being handed out
with their product name in them... Course, half the time, those labels just
give stupid people ideas, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Problem is, there is just no way to predict all the ways people can
mis-use something and if you did, there would not be enough room on the
product to even see the product (take a look at ladders). The old saying,
"You can't make something absolutely idiot-proof because idiots are just so
darned clever" seems to hold pretty true.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ahhh... Here I was thinking a DAMHIKT moment. Which kind of surprised me,
as I figured a wood-worker who was that stupid would no longer be able to
type. At least, not with his fingers...

Clint

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 16:50:50 GMT, "Clint" wrote:

Gee, they should put a warning label on those. "WARNING: Do no put
favorite
body appendages in grill."

The foot thing was a reference to a comedy show. G