Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Dual Drill ??

"TOM MOORE" wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone ownes a Dual drill and what do you think of
it..
I understand you can look at them at
www.dualdrill.com. I just a watched a deal on tv about them ,they look
kinda cheap, and free batterys for life, yea right..but I would like to
hear from you guys.

Haven't used one so don't have any practical experience, but on first glance
it looks like a really dumb idea and just a gimmick with excessive mechanics
needed to accomplish a simple bit change. There's a multitude of magnetic
and otherwise simple bit changers available for the drill market so this
idea seems outlandish at best. Just my opinion of course and others my vary,
but I can't see it doing very well in the market, free batteries or
otherwise ~ certainly not in the professional or experienced home owner
market.