Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rockler Raised Panel Bits

I have never used a raised panel bit and I always wanted to work raised
panels into a project. I just purchased a 3 1/8" diameter raised panel bit
from Rockler.

Anybody have any experience with there brand of raised panel bits? I will
be using it with a PC7518 in a table. What speed do you recommend with
this bit?

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" [email protected] wrote in :

I have never used a raised panel bit and I always wanted to work
raised panels into a project. I just purchased a 3 1/8" diameter
raised panel bit from Rockler.

Anybody have any experience with there brand of raised panel bits? I
will be using it with a PC7518 in a table. What speed do you
recommend with this bit?

How slow will your router go? That's the speed you want to run this
bit.

Rockler bits are worth the money they charge, mostly, and are a good way
to find out about using new tools, before going to 'production models'
for pros & semi-pros. There's maybe 2 dozen blue bits in my bit case...

Make certain your panels are dead solid flat, too.

Patriarch
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" [email protected] wrote in message
I have never used a raised panel bit and I always wanted to work raised
panels into a project. I just purchased a 3 1/8" diameter raised panel bit
from Rockler.

Anybody have any experience with there brand of raised panel bits? I will
be using it with a PC7518 in a table. What speed do you recommend with
this bit?

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com

I buy the Rockler "Blue" bits when the need is low. When I need to make a
precision cut or know I'll use the bit frequently, I usually pick up a CMT
or other top brands.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com