Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Semi OT - Coffee and Woodworking

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14467977/

Interesting. May explain why I started feeling bad from drinking
an occassional cup of coffee after I'd cut way down on my coffee
consumption. Nothing quite like sitting in the shop, smelling the
sawdust, and drinking a cuppa. I don't drink coffee at all anymore,
stick to just water and loads of green tea. Damn, I just knew I
shouldn't listen to those people telling me that all the coffee I was
drinking was bad for me - and I was right. Oh well. I'll start
drinking it again next life maybe.

JOAT
Justice was invented by the innocent.
Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message

stick to just water and loads of green tea. Damn, I just knew I
shouldn't listen to those people telling me that all the coffee I was
drinking was bad for me - and I was right. Oh well. I'll start
drinking it again next life maybe.

Just hold out til next week, when there will be another "study" indicating
the exact opposite.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
"J T" wrote in message

stick to just water and loads of green tea. Damn, I just knew I
shouldn't listen to those people telling me that all the coffee I was
drinking was bad for me - and I was right. Oh well. I'll start
drinking it again next life maybe.

Just hold out til next week, when there will be another "study" indicating
the exact opposite.

There is another one out, same time, different station. It says coffee
is good for some conditions, I forget what. My feeling is that these
studies are hazardous to your nerves, reading them gives almost anyone
the jitters, affects heart rate, and creates excessive irritation of
the mental faculties. Thus, I almost never finish reading a study
anymore before throwing up my hands, and, by extension flinging the
paper or magazine, and screaming, "Bull****!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message

The only things bad for your health are believing stupid surveys and
politicians.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The cardiologist said I 'could/should' have only 1 or two cups a day.

O.K . . .in MY mug. Makes measuring real easy, two ounces absorbed by the
grounds - just use a quart measure to fill the coffee maker.

Regards & Enjoy,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop
{right now I am about to refill my mug with my 'daily blend' - 50-50
Espresso and Lusianne Chicory}

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
ps.com...

Swingman wrote:
"J T" wrote in message

stick to just water and loads of green tea. Damn, I just knew I
shouldn't listen to those people telling me that all the coffee I was
drinking was bad for me - and I was right. Oh well. I'll start
drinking it again next life maybe.

Just hold out til next week, when there will be another "study"

indicating
the exact opposite.

There is another one out, same time, different station. It says coffee
is good for some conditions, I forget what. My feeling is that these
studies are hazardous to your nerves, reading them gives almost anyone
the jitters, affects heart rate, and creates excessive irritation of
the mental faculties. Thus, I almost never finish reading a study
anymore before throwing up my hands, and, by extension flinging the
paper or magazine, and screaming, "Bull****!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

You must remember that nearly all of these studies are done by people
getting Grant Money. If you say A and I say B then we both have the basis
for another grant to find out which is right and then a grant to refute the
new findings. New events in a few years is reason for a new grant to check
the results of the old findings. and on and on and on, its called job
security.
"Swingman" wrote in message
"J T" wrote in message

stick to just water and loads of green tea. Damn, I just knew I
shouldn't listen to those people telling me that all the coffee I was
drinking was bad for me - and I was right. Oh well. I'll start
drinking it again next life maybe.

Just hold out til next week, when there will be another "study" indicating
the exact opposite.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:48:10 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14467977/

Interesting. May explain why I started feeling bad from drinking
an occassional cup of coffee after I'd cut way down on my coffee
consumption. Nothing quite like sitting in the shop, smelling the
sawdust, and drinking a cuppa. I don't drink coffee at all anymore,
stick to just water and loads of green tea. Damn, I just knew I
shouldn't listen to those people telling me that all the coffee I was
drinking was bad for me - and I was right. Oh well. I'll start
drinking it again next life maybe.

JOAT
Justice was invented by the innocent.
Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.

Interesting. I'm a coffee drinker and recently cut back to one mug
per day. I got headaches until I get used to less caffeine. My
mother had bad heart problems, so I have to watch it but I exercise
twice a day, everyday, slightly underweight, eat healthy which I feel
is better than any drug.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"My burr grinder and my french press"....

"from these cold, dead hands"

100% of the murderers on death row drank milk.

Draw your own conclusions.

I will continue my caffeine enrichment program until a UN resolution
tells me otherwise.
(Juan Valdez will veto it anyway.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14467977/

Interesting. May explain why I started feeling bad from drinking
an occassional cup of coffee after I'd cut way down on my coffee
consumption.

Well there you have it. Cutting down on coffee consumption is the problem.

Resume previous levels of coffee consumption and life will be better.

Nothing quite like sitting in the shop, smelling the
sawdust, and drinking a cuppa. I don't drink coffee at all anymore,
stick to just water and loads of green tea.

Water is OK if you are thirsty, green tea is rather vile swill that should
be avoided if one can get good coffee.

Damn, I just knew I
shouldn't listen to those people telling me that all the coffee I was
drinking was bad for me - and I was right. Oh well. I'll start
drinking it again next life maybe.

No it is not too late. Start now. Heck why not roast your own and really
have a good cup?

--

__
Roger Shoaf

Important factors in selecting a mate:
1] Depth of gene pool
2] Position on the food chain.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Finding the keyboard operational
J T entered:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14467977/

Interesting. May explain why I started feeling bad from drinking
an occassional cup of coffee after I'd cut way down on my coffee
consumption. Nothing quite like sitting in the shop, smelling the
sawdust, and drinking a cuppa. I don't drink coffee at all anymore,
stick to just water and loads of green tea. Damn, I just knew I
shouldn't listen to those people telling me that all the coffee I was
drinking was bad for me - and I was right. Oh well. I'll start
drinking it again next life maybe.

JOAT
Justice was invented by the innocent.
Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.

"This was particularly the case when a coffee drinker got little regular
exercise or had three or more risk factors for heart disease - such as
diabetes, high blood pressure and smoking."
Eat healty,excerisize, and don't smoke. Enjoy your coffee.
But then again, I'm baised.
Bob

--?
--?
Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times
www.moondoggiecoffee.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Phisherman wrote:

Interesting. I'm a coffee drinker and recently cut back to one mug
per day. I got headaches until I get used to less caffeine. My
mother had bad heart problems, so I have to watch it but I exercise
twice a day, everyday, slightly underweight, eat healthy which I feel
is better than any drug.

Wanna borrow a few pounds. I promise not to dun you for them.