Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Question for Ridgid Bandsaw Owners

A 15/16 socket fits the nut on my Ridgid bs perfectly. I don't know about
the bolt because there isn't room to get a socket on it and I don't have a
wrench that big. You might want to bring along visegrips or channellocks in
case it spins on you.

Btw, if you happen to live near SE Michigan my 4 month old Ridgid is for
sale and includes the riser and the herculift base.

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

$300 - here's a link in case the pics are helpful-

http://detroit.craigslist.org/tls/190088824.html

The saw works perfectly.

The riser kit isn't installed and doesn't include a blade (long story).

I'll be glad to show receipts for the purchases and of course you're free to
make some cuts with it. In fact I'd really like to see some veneer slicing.

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

"John Partridge" wrote in message
. ..
$300 - here's a link in case the pics are helpful-

http://detroit.craigslist.org/tls/190088824.html

The saw works perfectly.

The riser kit isn't installed and doesn't include a blade (long story).

I'll be glad to show receipts for the purchases and of course you're free
to make some cuts with it. In fact I'd really like to see some veneer
slicing.

John

Nice deal.... I am heading up to Niagra falls next week from Cincinnati,
for some reason I was thinking this wouldn't be too far out of the way, but
now that I look at mapquest it's bit further than I thought..

Posted to rec.woodworking

It's a nice saw, I have one and am very happy with it. My only
complaint is that the guide blocks on the front have two thumb screws
making it hard to see what you are cutting.

II
Locutus wrote:
"John Partridge" wrote in message
. ..
$300 - here's a link in case the pics are helpful-

http://detroit.craigslist.org/tls/190088824.html

The saw works perfectly.

The riser kit isn't installed and doesn't include a blade (long story).

I'll be glad to show receipts for the purchases and of course you're free
to make some cuts with it. In fact I'd really like to see some veneer
slicing.

John

Nice deal.... I am heading up to Niagra falls next week from Cincinnati,
for some reason I was thinking this wouldn't be too far out of the way, but
now that I look at mapquest it's bit further than I thought..

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Question for Ridgid Bandsaw Owners - Thumb Screw suggestion

'Sheep' . . .

While I don't have a Ridgid {mine is a JET}, my BS came with thumbscrews, as
well. What I was concerned about wasn't 'seeing' but tightening. I had to
use pliers to get enough grip to snug down {NOT 'Gorella Tight'}the tension.

My solution was to get a half-dozen {a couple of 'extras'}hex socket cap
screws. A dab or two of bright RED paint on the heads . . . and 'Bob's Your
Uncle' !! I already had a pair of 'Pocket Knife' hex wrench sets, but it
could have been easy enough to get a single wrench with the screws. I did
this with the scrollsaw blade holder, and use a small magnet to hold the
wrench to the base. However the BS has the potential to vibrate so I would
have put it in the plastic 'parts box' on the shelf I made to fit the 'Open
Stand'.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop