Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Magen Ron Magen is offline

Default Question for Ridgid Bandsaw Owners - Thumb Screw suggestion

'Sheep' . . .

While I don't have a Ridgid {mine is a JET}, my BS came with thumbscrews, as
well. What I was concerned about wasn't 'seeing' but tightening. I had to
use pliers to get enough grip to snug down {NOT 'Gorella Tight'}the tension.

My solution was to get a half-dozen {a couple of 'extras'}hex socket cap
screws. A dab or two of bright RED paint on the heads . . . and 'Bob's Your
Uncle' !! I already had a pair of 'Pocket Knife' hex wrench sets, but it
could have been easy enough to get a single wrench with the screws. I did
this with the scrollsaw blade holder, and use a small magnet to hold the
wrench to the base. However the BS has the potential to vibrate so I would
have put it in the plastic 'parts box' on the shelf I made to fit the 'Open
Stand'.

Regards & Good Luck,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

wrote
It's a nice saw, I have one and am very happy with it. My only
complaint is that the guide blocks on the front have two thumb screws
making it hard to see what you are cutting.

II