Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default Delta 2hp cabinet saw?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Anyone ever use a saw like this?
Price seems a bit high, when the fence probably has to be replaced, but
besides that...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:23:57 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Anyone ever use a saw like this?
Price seems a bit high, when the fence probably has to be replaced, but
besides that...

Yes. It is essentially the internals of the 34-444 Contractor saw
with a different (more powerful) motor mounted on a spring mount
rather than hanging off the back of the saw, and it has a cabinet that
is slightly smaller than the Unisaw.

It is a good saw. American made. Was discontinued about ten years
ago. The one pictured looks to be in good shape.

I'm not sure the seller is being completely honest about the longer
Jet Lock rails. I believe they are out of stock and no longer
available, but a check with Delta would confirm that. And they are
not that easy to fabricate. A buyer should confirm that the special
screws and spacers to mount the rails are available unless the plan is
to change fences.

Frank
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Berger

Certainly not high compared to what other comparable saws sell for
around here. I'd be surprised to see it go that cheap.